what's up with this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

musiclink213

My room is a mess
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I went to my advisor today because i had a question about my AP credit and whether or not it'll be accepted. So when she looked up Stonybrook, it said that they basically look down upon junior college, evening, and summer classes to fulfill the prereqs. I think that's just stupid. the junior college thing i can understand, but summer and evening classes? My advisor said though that that's the first time she ever heard of that.

Members don't see this ad.

musiclink213 said:
I went to my advisor today because i had a question about my AP credit and whether or not it'll be accepted. So when she looked up Stonybrook, it said that they basically look down upon junior college, evening, and summer classes to fulfill the prereqs. I think that's just stupid. the junior college thing i can understand, but summer and evening classes? My advisor said though that that's the first time she ever heard of that.
Its been discussed on the boards before that medical schools would rather prereqs to be done at a 4 year college. Though I do not see why a school would care or maybe even know if you took them at night or during the summer at a 4 year institution.

I know at my school the summer term classes are very short, only a few weeks. So maybe they think you will not retain information as well?

My school is on the quarter system, and summer courses are just as long as other courses during the other quarters. I hope those courses aren't looked down on, because I'm taking quite a few.