Whats with Network 54.com

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gunner1221

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking into Podiatry Schools and D.O. Schools and that forum page really scared me as far as Podiatry goes. I am still however really interested and after talking to my DPM mentor am a little calmed downed. Just wondering if it really is hard for podiatrists to find enough work to pay off their loans and make a decent living?

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry I ment to say the Network54 page? Not this one which is much more helpful.

Gunner1221 said:
I am looking into Podiatry Schools and D.O. Schools and that forum page really scared me as far as Podiatry goes. I am still however really interested and after talking to my DPM mentor am a little calmed downed. Just wondering if it really is hard for podiatrists to find enough work to pay off their loans and make a decent living?

I've seen the forum and know what you are talking about. Trust me, dont pay attention to it. I have never met anyone (nor have those that I have talked to have met anyone) who could not find a good job and easily handle the loan debt. One of my personal friends (who is a podiatrist) says that his Internal Med partner tells him everyday that he wishes he went to pod school instead of DO school. Its less stressful with a potential for more income (surgery). Of course, you will find people that are unhappy with their profession everywhere. Hence, I wouldnt worry about some negative opinions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't listen to all that crap. Most people who weren't successful podiatrists blame it on either the profession or the school they went to. They feel that somehow they were lied to. But guess what...those same people probably would have failed as a businessman, MD, accountant, etc. You make what your profession is. No matter what field you choose to be involved in, it's up to you to be successful.

Gunner1221 said:
Sorry I ment to say the Network54 page? Not this one which is much more helpful.

I don't think I would ever go there again if I were you. They bill themselves as the "busiest" podiatry forum on the internet, but they haven't had a new post in six days. I think everyone who could legitimately contribute to any of their discussions has been run away due to the constant negativity. It would be more aptly named The Podiatry Troll Forum.

If you go down the list of posts, it's the same 4-5 people posting all of the negative crap. If only 4-5 people failed in the profession, it's a damn good profession! As opposed to the few negative people on that particular website, I'd rather listen to the hundreds of pods that I've talked to that are doing great! Remember, it's always easier to blame someone else for your failures.