Whats with not posting Match?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brob459

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a little worried that LECOM will not give match results. Does anybody have ideas as to why they don’t do this? Are other osteopathic schools like this?

Members don't see this ad.

Brob459 said:
I am a little worried that LECOM will not give match results. Does anybody have ideas as to why they don’t do this? Are other osteopathic schools like this?

I had the same thoughts. And that is one of the reasons that I chose NYCOM over LECOM. And believe me, I have tried, I called their offices multiple times and talked to 3 different people, all gave me the same lame answer, "we don't record this info". How can they not? This is one of the important pieces of information that medical student use to make final decision about which school they will attend.

It's hardly just LECOM. You also won't find match lists from DMU, KCUMB, MSU, OUCOM, PCOM, PCSOM, WVSOM...

Check out the match lists thread at the top of the Pre-DO forum. There is a partial listing of LECOM Class of 2000 matches.

Members don't see this ad :)
Earlier this year the LECOM Administration made the 2004 match list available to all its students. For whatever reason they asked that the info be kept in-house and not otherwise distributed. Since I don't want to jeopardize the availability of the list to future classes I won't post the entire list, but below are some notable achievements from last years class. I can tell you that overall the list contains the appropriate mix of traditional internships, Family, ER, Surgery, IM, OB/GYN, and more. There are small hospitals listed as well as large tertiary centers. At LECOM, as anywhere else, you get out what you put in. Best of luck.

Cleveland Clinic----------------------Orthopedic Surgery
Doctor's Hospital (Columbus)--------- Facial Plastic Surgery
John Hopkins Hospital---------------- Phys. Medicine & rehab
University of Connecticut------------ Emergency Medicine
Doctor's Hospital (Columbus)--------- Neurological Surgery
Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh--------- Radiology/Diagnostic

Trust me, there is no "conspiracy" out there. The AOA isn't responsible for this. Dr. Thomas doesn't have all match lists locked in a vault at the basement of the AOA headquarters in Chicago. Match lists for DO schools look just the same as your average medical school. Many primary care residency matches (FP, IM, OB), some surgery/EM/gas, some ortho, some neuro, a little bit of optho or derm.

Just for the record, OU-COM does make its match list available. I have the match lists for 2001-2003. And no, I didn't have to drink the blood of a goat to obtain them.