Whats wrong with my app?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Iron15

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I hope everyone is getting a lot of interviews.
So I completed my supplemental applications around the end of august. My stats are: sGPA 3.8 total GPA 3.85 non science GPA 4.0
DAT SCORES:
PA:19
QR:16
RC:18
Bio:21
GC:21
OC:19
TS:20
AA:19
I have about 400 hours volunteering (food bank, and elementary school tutor), and about 150 hours dental shadowing and volunteer assistant. I applied to 18 schools.
I know my QR score is low, but can that be the reason I still have not received an invite for an interview? I am starting to get a bit worried :-(

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
QR16 is a minimum for many schools, but it should suffice for at least one of your 18 schools. What does AADSAS say? Are they all "under review" or "application complete"?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

QR16 is a minimum for many schools, but it should suffice for at least one of your 18 schools. What does AADSAS say? Are they all "under review" or "application complete"?

Yes, they all show complete or under review.

Members don't see this ad :)
It wouldn't be a bad idea to make a few calls and just insure that everything is being processed. You don't necessarily need to call 18 schools; just get the gist and makes sure there's not something holding up your application. I get the feeling that you've got interviews coming though.

Reactions: 1 user
I have 15RC and got 2 interviews with much lower GPA (3.2-3.4). I think it might be your LOR or PS or even the schools you applied.

Reactions: 1 users
I have 15RC and got 2 interviews with much lower GPA (3.2-3.4). I think it might be your LOR or PS or even the schools you applied.
I never understand why some professors would write a bad LOR (if that's op's case). I know there has been a few thread on this topic, but really why would they bother to waste their time to write a bad LOR? If I were a professor and a student I didn't like asked me (I don't know how that even happens since students are most likely to go to the professors they have a good relationship with) to write a LOR, I'd refuse to write one since I know I wouldn't be able to write a good one for the student.

I never understand why some professors would write a bad LOR (if that's op's case). I know there has been a few thread on this topic, but really why would they bother to waste their time to write a bad LOR? If I were a professor and a student I didn't like asked me (I don't know how that even happens since students are most likely to go to the professors they have a good relationship with) to write a LOR, I'd refuse to write one since I know I wouldn't be able to write a good one for the student.
I dont think they would spend time writing a bad letter, but a very generic letter is equally as bad, something like he/she is a good student, work hard stuff like that.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to make a few calls and just insure that everything is being processed. You don't necessarily need to call 18 schools; just get the gist and makes sure there's not something holding up your application. I get the feeling that you've got interviews coming though.

Will do. Thanks.

You made me feel a lot better. My LOR's are good. Good luck in the cycle.

What schools did you apply to? Those GPAs are great. If anything maybe your AA is hurting you a bit because of the 16 QR or maybe it's LOR/PS as someone else said. If you applied to texas schools (if OOS), unc, harvard, etc then you shouldn't be shocked lol.

Make sure to check your junk/spam inbox. One of my schools told me to make sure you check that after my app was complete.

Whoa I've heard of 15QR but never that low for RC.

I dont think they would spend time writing a bad letter, but a very generic letter is equally as bad, something like he/she is a good student, work hard stuff like that.
I believe rather quite strongly that at least one of my letter was like that. Who can blame me though since I go to a big school with 50,000+ students? I still have my PS to show adcoms who I really am as person. I think a generic letter is just there to fulfill the minimum requirement, it's not gonna help nor hurt your chance.

Hey everyone. I hope everyone is getting a lot of interviews.
So I completed my supplemental applications around the end of august. My stats are: sGPA 3.8 total GPA 3.85 non science GPA 4.0
DAT SCORES:
PA:19
QR:16
RC:18
Bio:21
GC:21
OC:19
TS:20
AA:19
I have about 400 hours volunteering (food bank, and elementary school tutor), and about 150 hours dental shadowing and volunteer assistant. I applied to 18 schools.
I know my QR score is low, but can that be the reason I still have not received an invite for an interview? I am starting to get a bit worried :-(

You will be fine :) I have the same GPA and similar DAT scores as you (I also have a 16 in QR). As of now I have 3 interviews, so I don't think they care as much about that section.