You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
What's your favorite place to study?
Started by tennisball80
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Home, because it is more comfortable but at school I am more efficient at studying--I think I am more focused and attentive when learning from the teacher or learning out of the book at school.
Home, the stock of food doesn't run out!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Outdoors, away from people. secluded parks, backyard at home, research farms/reserves.
I grew up on a farm and use to sit in the hay loft or in the stall of a favorite animal and read. I would also spend birthing evenings reading and studying well into the night while keeping an eye on the stock. So I think it has just become a comforting study space...and in college that translated to the college's biological field station. My house at vet school has a great backyard with a deck with tables, chairs, lounges, a pool, a hammock, and a picnic table in a secluded corner. Whole thing is green with treens and landscaping and I am setting up trellises and vining plants to isolate the yard even more.
I grew up on a farm and use to sit in the hay loft or in the stall of a favorite animal and read. I would also spend birthing evenings reading and studying well into the night while keeping an eye on the stock. So I think it has just become a comforting study space...and in college that translated to the college's biological field station. My house at vet school has a great backyard with a deck with tables, chairs, lounges, a pool, a hammock, and a picnic table in a secluded corner. Whole thing is green with treens and landscaping and I am setting up trellises and vining plants to isolate the yard even more.
Barnes & Noble. Endless supply of study guides and relevant books. Coffee. White noise.
I used to spend a lot of time sitting in our school's chapel studying in undergrad. It was a great place to study, as there was an upper level with couches, tables, and coffee 24-7. Usually no one was in there late at night. It was honestly the best place I found, and when I got tired, I would totally pass out on the couches, haha.
I too use to love studying outdoors the most. But, at my college, there is so many things that end up getting into my backpack if I just spend an hour under a tree. I end up having these bugs that I have never seen before make their way up my pants and into my hair. Though, they seem harmless, it still "bugs" me. However, during the colder months, the insects start to die down and I just love the solitude.
I can't really say there is one place... I get bored with only one place, so I tend to walk around a lot. I like studying in the coffee shop, especially with a study group.
When it is rainy or too cold/hot outside, I end up stuck in the library, which really isn't bad at all. This is probably the most effective way to study if you get distracted easy like me. hahaha. It is so quite and you can really focus.
I can't really say there is one place... I get bored with only one place, so I tend to walk around a lot. I like studying in the coffee shop, especially with a study group.
When it is rainy or too cold/hot outside, I end up stuck in the library, which really isn't bad at all. This is probably the most effective way to study if you get distracted easy like me. hahaha. It is so quite and you can really focus.
mmmcdowe
Duke of minimal vowels
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
IHOP, free refills on coffee.
mmmcdowe
Duke of minimal vowels
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
I personally have rarely ever studied at libraries. Maybe 3-4 times in the last 4 years. I like the white noise of a cafe.
Oh God, we could be related.IHOP, free refills on coffee.
But when I don't feel up for driving, my bed in front of the TV is the place to be. With limitless hot chocolate.
School cafeteria, coffee shops, Panera Bread.Home, school, library, or etc...
What's your favorite place to study? And why? Any good reasons? 🙂
I tend to get bored and lose concentration easily when I'm by myself in quiet locations like libraries. Having people around me helps me stay focused.
Obviously, this isn't for everyone but it works for me.
School cafeteria, coffee shops, Panera Bread.
I tend to get bored and lose concentration easily when I'm by myself in quiet locations like libraries. Having people around me helps me stay focused.
Obviously, this isn't for everyone but it works for me.
Same here. I lose the concentration if I'm lonely.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At my computer desk and on my bed . But I've also done it during shopping trips out .
my room or outside. somewhere with no people around.
I prefer with no people around too , but if there has to be people I've learned how to tune them out , short of them physically bothering me...
There's also a bathroom near my room. 😉
Very important. Hey in college do you get to use the restroom whenever you want, or do you have to raise your hand, or what? Cause for 2 hour classes, that could be pretty bad for me....
In college, you can (usually) use the bathroom whenever you want. Exceptions being very anal professors, or if you're in the middle of an exam or something. It's sooooo relaxed. The typical philosophy is "Well, it's your money, not mine. Go ahead and leave."
Hand-raising in general is kind of non-existent, actually, unless you want to interrupt your prof, and even then it really depends.
ETA: Oh, yeah. And I like studying at the library. At home, it's just too easy to be distracted.
Hand-raising in general is kind of non-existent, actually, unless you want to interrupt your prof, and even then it really depends.
ETA: Oh, yeah. And I like studying at the library. At home, it's just too easy to be distracted.
I actually prefer to study in places that are a little messy. Not dirty, but a few clothes strewn around or a book left in the wrong place... Something has to be "wrong" with the environment, or I'll spend a lot of time wondering why everything is so neat.
Hehehe... Really. But I do have to study for the dual-enrollment classes that I take up at our local CC.
Very important. Hey in college do you get to use the restroom whenever you want, or do you have to raise your hand, or what? Cause for 2 hour classes, that could be pretty bad for me....
Don't forget to also raise your hand to tell your professor that you forgot the text book for the course. 😀
Also, don't forget to raise your hand when you forgot a pencil, eraser.
Also, don't forget to raise your hand if you got your lunch....
Nah, we don't have to.
Last edited:
Usually people just quietly get up and go to the bathroom. Sometimes if it is excessive professors will ask you go before or after, but they understand. College is a much different experience than high school. I for example felt rude going to the bathroom in college so usually tried not to. In high school you get up to go so you can also have a break, college I was interested in the material so i didn't WANT to go.
i like studying in a quiet coffee shop in my town 🙂 NOT starbucks...i find that place too hectic haha.
when it's nice out i go in my backyard, put in my ipod, and study. i'm a horribler studier..i can normally do it only 20 minutes-30 minutes at a time. but for some reason, when i'm out in the sun, i can study for 2 hours without dying of boredom.
when it's nice out i go in my backyard, put in my ipod, and study. i'm a horribler studier..i can normally do it only 20 minutes-30 minutes at a time. but for some reason, when i'm out in the sun, i can study for 2 hours without dying of boredom.
Home or Starbucks. Home because I don't have to lug anything around and it's not a big deal if I forget something. Starbucks if I want to get out but don't want to be bothered by random friends/people.
I mainly study at a small coffee shop/diner type restaurant close to school, I personally find white noise makes it easier to study, so I find a corner and study there. Not to mention free refills on coffee.
If its late at night, I usually sit down with some tea and some water, turn on my tv put it on mute, and put on my ipod, with some foreign music, that way I am not tempted to focus on the music, or the tv, since they both provide the same white noise, and social interaction as that of the coffee shop pretty much.
If its late at night, I usually sit down with some tea and some water, turn on my tv put it on mute, and put on my ipod, with some foreign music, that way I am not tempted to focus on the music, or the tv, since they both provide the same white noise, and social interaction as that of the coffee shop pretty much.
High School
I studied in between classes, during breaks etc. and then studied when I got home (very minimal studying at home...one to two hours?). I am a very lazy person.
College
I used to study in front of my computer...playing games and studying at the same time(used to be good at it). Then courses started getting too hard. I still study in the room, but either at my desk with my computer doing small tasks such as reading on my comp, or laying in bed and studying. The best studying I do is when I change my location (even if its a small change) every half hour or hour...helps keep my concentration for some reason
I studied in between classes, during breaks etc. and then studied when I got home (very minimal studying at home...one to two hours?). I am a very lazy person.
College
I used to study in front of my computer...playing games and studying at the same time(used to be good at it). Then courses started getting too hard. I still study in the room, but either at my desk with my computer doing small tasks such as reading on my comp, or laying in bed and studying. The best studying I do is when I change my location (even if its a small change) every half hour or hour...helps keep my concentration for some reason
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
High School: My parents' living room or Barnes and Noble
College: Bell tower of the library or in my sorority common room
Med School: The bar. Occasionally near a fountain that is easy to play in.
College: Bell tower of the library or in my sorority common room
Med School: The bar. Occasionally near a fountain that is easy to play in.
I like studying at home. If I'm at school, I like to be in a secluded area in the library. I'm still in high school.
Similar threads
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 531
E
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 1K
E
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
E