what's your PRE-GAME SONG before taking the dat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

whoispittsnogle

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so as my dat date is nearing i'm starting to really freak out.🙁 not about the material cuz i study until i can't get it wrong😎 not like those amateurs who study until they get it right. but the real problem is that i haven't decided on my pre-game song! i'm taking my mom's range sport cuz it's got the better sound system. i need something fierce to just blast and get STUPID to on my way to prometric.

you guys might think this is immature but there are a lot of studies on this topic and the latest paper i read in the human cognitive and brain section of the latest edition of journal of neuroscience states that YOU GOTTA GET PUMPED UP BEFORE THE TEST. pubmed that joint if you don't believe me, it's legit like the chinese gymnasts' passports.

i mean i heard michael phelps listens to i'm me by weeeezy before his races and you know how he do just giving the whole world the BIDNESS😱 so i was thinking about just biting that but to be perfectly honest i think lil wayne is a horrible rapper and he just can't get me amped like other artists do. so right now i'm leaning towards r.kelly ignition remix or red & meth da rockwilder.

so which song are you planning on listening to before the dat? i can't do mellow stuff so no john mayer, norah jones, et al. please.
 
DR DRE - chronic songs

mariah carey - rainbow ha

thunderstruck - ac/dc

red red wine- more feel good and relaxing though

chris brown- run it/wall to wall

chris rock comedy!!

its late cant thnk of anything else. havnt listneed tom usic in a while.. surprisd i remember songs!
 
These are some of the songs that I listen to before my hockey games, studying, big exams, work out, so on... =D

It's always good to get a range of feel good music, so you won't get bored of it so quickly. (like switching subjects while studying... ;])
Note*various of genres*

Take your pick... =D

Nas- One Mic (probably one of the greatest songs of all time)

Gym Class Heroes - Clothes Off!

Gorillaz - DARE

Muse- Time is Running Out

P Diddy - I Need a Girl

Michael Jackson- Beat It

T.I. - Bring Them Out

Earth, Wind, & Fire - Dancing In September

Men, Women, & Children - Dance In My Blood

Journey - Don't Stop Believin (can't do anything without this song)

Eric Prydz- Call On Me

Toploader - Dancing In the Moonlight

Busta Rhymes - Don't Touch Me Now

Postal Service - Such Great Heights

Rage Against the Machine - Guerilla Radio

Weezer - Hashpipe

Daft Punk - Harder Better Faster Stronger (not the kanye version, but that's good too)

30 Seconds to Mars - The Kill

My Chemical Romance - I'm Not Okay

Eminem - Lose Yourself

Junior Senior - Move Your Feet

Alien Ant Farm - Movies

Foo Fighters - Pretender (get chills when it hits =])

Kanye West - Touch the Sky

Sublime - What I Got (need to singalong to this song... to get the full feel)

Queen - Don't Stop Me Now (probably one of my favorites)


There ya have it... =D (it really helps and pumps you up when you know the lyrics to the songs and such especially one mic)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I made a playlist for on my way to the testing center. It included:

All-American Rejects

Yellowcard

The Starting Line

The Phantom of the Operal

AC/DC

Huey

Maroon 5 and

Flyleaf

Oh yeah, you can't go wrong with that lineup!
 
Dream Theater - In the Presence of Enemies Pt. 1; Progressive rock/instrumental/metal band... the song is 14 minutes long but its split up into roughly 6 sections with 6 different styles that i like to link w/ each section of the test, obviously not for everyone

Daniel Beddingfield - Gotta Get Through This
 
Since I go to school in the NO, Im gonna ignore the fact that you dont think Weezy f. Baby will get you more pumped than R. Kelly... which must be a joke. The obvious answer to this is: Eminem. If his music cant get you pumped up before the test, most likely, nothing will. Try "Till I Collapse." OH, and if you like Houston rap, try "Rags 2 Riches" with Lil' O, youngsta, and FAt Pat!
 
ok please refrain from listing 10+ songs! i'm gonna be bumping like one song on repeat.

and some really questionable choices here - mariah carey rainbow, chris brown what ru 12?, i need a girl😕

lol at the dmx suggestion.

T.I. - Bring Them Out
is that the suburbs remix?:laugh: hey, all of my hot girls are speaking loudly/bring them out, bring them out

TheGreenWave, what does your boy randy moss listen to before he mosses people like you? thought you might know since you're a huge fan of his from day one and not at all a bandwagon guy who doesn't know much about him.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TheGreenWave, what does your boy randy moss listen to before he mosses people like you? thought you might know since you're a huge fan of his from day one and not at all a bandwagon guy who doesn't know much about him.

Lol, just b/c I respect the way the man plays football Im supposed to know his whole life story? :laugh:. Im not big on stalkin celebs and idolizing them. BTW, I agree, Randy Moss would moss me with ease. Still, I mossed plenty of people in high school (which is why I was recruited to play college ball), and likewise, would moss you too if you were lined up in front of me. 🙂

If I had to venture a guess, I would say my boy Moss likes rap music from his time - I.E. Biggy or 2pac.
 
These are the jams.

Journey - Don't Stop Believing

Europe - The Final Countdown

Kenny Loggins - Danger Zone

Joe Esposito - You're The Best

and of course Survivor - Eye of the Tiger
 
Besides Mr. Astley's phenomenal 1987 hit, I also bump Outkast - BOB (Bombs Over Baghdad) and Kasabian - Club Foot

Also: Metallica - Creeping Death
Nas - Halftime
Maceo & the Macks - Soul Power '74
Radiohead - 2+2=5
 
lol this dude name dropping like it's gonna give him some credibility for knowing moss went to marshall. u prolly had to look that up. just admit you're a bandwagon fan and move on. "stalking?" come on brah that randy moss story was on espn for weeks. and get outta here with your high school fairy tales.:laugh: you get a few letters from d3 schools and now you think you're MYRON ROLLE from fsu and shhh choosing b/w football and books. go on and look that up too cuz i know you ain't even a true football fan.

i played both ways in hs, had a few all-county honors before i tore my acl, but you don't see me talking reckless like hs football was that serious. by all means please talk about that 4.5 ur coach timed you that summer:laugh: basically what i'm saying is, i would lock that garbage up and give you the bidness on the other end.😎 lol mossing people wow ok.
 
lol this dude name dropping like it's gonna give him some credibility for knowing moss went to marshall. u prolly had to look that up. just admit you're a bandwagon fan and move on. "stalking?" come on brah that randy moss story was on espn for weeks. and get outta here with your high school fairy tales.:laugh: you get a few letters from d3 schools and now you think you're MYRON ROLLE from fsu and shhh choosing b/w football and books. go on and look that up too cuz i know you ain't even a true football fan.

i played both ways in hs, had a few all-county honors before i tore my acl, but you don't see me talking reckless like hs football was that serious. by all means please talk about that 4.5 ur coach timed you that summer:laugh: basically what i'm saying is, i would lock that garbage up and give you the bidness on the other end.😎 lol mossing people wow ok.

lol, well let me clear some things up for you kid. first off, anyone that played hs football knows that randy moss went to marshall - granted. im clearing up the fact that I was already a fan by then. my adoration of him starts and stops on the field, i just love to see him play, hes a freak. I could care less who hes bumping with his 6-series 🙂. as for myron rolle, nice name drop. I lived in miami for five years, became a huge fan of da U and have been to many, many miami vs fsu games. Ive seen the dude play. So once again, youre wrong.

as for football, I would love to line up on you, video tape it, and put it on here to make you look stupid. youre right, the schools i got recruited for were d3, namely cause I wasnt finished growing. I started on a top 25 football team in TEXAS (which is way more competitive than whatever state youre from, unless its ohio or florida). I managed to do that when I was only 5'7" running a 4.7-4.8 40, Im not gonna pretend I ran a 4.5. At Tulane I grew to 5'11" and now run a 4.6 and bench 305lbs w/ a ~40inch vert. I was asked to walk-on, but like you tore my acl. then 4 months later, i suffered a lisfranc (look it up, youre a football fan right? then you know what it is). 2 months back from that I tore my acl again - fun right?? anyway, now im just focused on school and being able to play intramurals / pick-up bball again. Honestly, I could care less if you dont believe me, but I could easily prove what I said. The only reason I would post non-relevant stats like this is so you ease off my D, which you seem to thoroughly enjoy.

Good luck on the DAT and getting laid!

with love,

TheGreenWave
 
lol, well let me clear some things up for you kid. first off, anyone that played hs football knows that randy moss went to marshall - granted. im clearing up the fact that I was already a fan by then. my adoration of him starts and stops on the field, i just love to see him play, hes a freak. I could care less who hes bumping with his 6-series 🙂. as for myron rolle, nice name drop. I lived in miami for five years, became a huge fan of da U and have been to many, many miami vs fsu games. Ive seen the dude play. So once again, youre wrong.

as for football, I would love to line up on you, video tape it, and put it on here to make you look stupid. youre right, the schools i got recruited for were d3, namely cause I wasnt finished growing. I started on a top 25 football team in TEXAS (which is way more competitive than whatever state youre from, unless its ohio or florida). I managed to do that when I was only 5'7" running a 4.7-4.8 40, Im not gonna pretend I ran a 4.5. At Tulane I grew to 5'11" and now run a 4.6 and bench 305lbs w/ a ~40inch vert. I was asked to walk-on, but like you tore my acl. then 4 months later, i suffered a lisfranc (look it up, youre a football fan right? then you know what it is). 2 months back from that I tore my acl again - fun right?? anyway, now im just focused on school and being able to play intramurals / pick-up bball again. Honestly, I could care less if you dont believe me, but I could easily prove what I said. The only reason I would post non-relevant stats like this is so you ease off my D, which you seem to thoroughly enjoy.

Good luck on the DAT and getting laid!

with love,

TheGreenWave

😀:laugh:😀:laugh:LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL:laugh:😀:laugh:😀..... OMFG!!!
 
Whatever song you choose, make sure you drink well before getting in the car, turn the volume of the song up till the end, and drive 100+ mph in the freeway. You will be fine, and SDN will be a better place.
Oh, and good luck on your DAT. you will Nail it !
 
get outta here with your fables son. i'll bet you 100 bucks on paypal that you did not start on any team ranked top 25 at any point in your life ever. or the claim of benching 300 lol. we'll get a moderator to hold our money. straight cash homey.

i knew cali and fl have surpassed texas in terms of hs talent but god damn they fell off if they let a 5'7 mexican kid play wide out. ru sure u don't mean one of those boys & girls club stints you had? son you are bite sized! congratulations on growing up and joining the rest of us adults. now when u go get some grub after mossing people under the friday night lights, you ain't gotta ask for those booster seats no mo.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Darude-Sandstorm
Roy Jones Jr-Cant be touched
Roy Jones Jr-Still
TV on the radio-Wolf like me
Muse-Starlight
Bullet for my valentine-waking the demon
Trapt-waiting
 
get outta here with your fables son. i'll bet you 100 bucks on paypal that you did not start on any team ranked top 25 at any point in your life ever. or the claim of benching 300 lol. we'll get a moderator to hold our money. straight cash homey.

i knew cali and fl have surpassed texas in terms of hs talent but god damn they fell off if they let a 5'7 mexican kid play wide out. ru sure u don't mean one of those boys & girls club stints you had? son you are bite sized! congratulations on growing up and joining the rest of us adults. now when u go get some grub after mossing people under the friday night lights, you ain't gotta ask for those booster seats no mo.

Wow, we werent top 25 in Texas at any point?? WE did not reach the regional semi-final with a qb that was elite 11?? youre a clown man, and know nothing about real hs football. As for lifting 300lbs, we should definitely get a moderator, ill video tape it, then you pay me all the amount we decide on. How bout two days from now wanksta??

take the DAT, post your fake scores, go to "interviews" and show them what a bag 'o' douche you are! Where are you from? what hs did you go to? what amazing college do you go to? ... you talk a lot, but dont show up much for it...👎
 
OH, and when the heck did I say I was mexican?? jump to another conclusion like that and I will personally fly to wherever you are from and "drop you like its hot." thought a rap reference for a white, suburbian wi**er would be appropriate. Come to NO and see what problems are really goin on w/ the USA, then come talk to me.

nothing but love,

GreenWave 🙂
 
OH, and when the heck did I say I was mexican?? jump to another conclusion like that and I will personally fly to wherever you are from and "drop you like its hot." thought a rap reference for a white, suburbian wi**er would be appropriate. Come to NO and see what problems are really goin on w/ the USA, then come talk to me.

nothing but love,

GreenWave 🙂

bahaahahhaa... i'm trying to study chem over here.... but i'm having too much fun with this thread....:laugh:

internet arguing at its best.... very nice
 
I listened to "Yanni - Within Attraction". Pure instrumental, and a very popular music on most TV shows or News.

That was decent...8 mins is too long...I would end up being late for the test.

Anyone heard of THE LION KING SOUNDTRACK?

Also Gladiator and Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack works for me.
 
OMFG! This is the better go in the thread Hall-o-Fame. I was laughing so hard I almost cried. "Whoiswhatever" stop hating on everyone and trying every thread to piss someone off. I mean we are all trying to be professionals (one day)for God's sake. Holler!!

y "Thegreenwave" tu notas es excellente. Gracias j/k:laugh:
 
Nas's new album is pretty good... but nothing will EVER beat Illmatic. If you haven't heard that album, you're missing out on some seriously killer hip hop from the day when it wasn't all about candy paint and sizzzurp.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why dont you just listen to Wu Tang like in your signature???
I listened to random good rap on my ipod and bumped my 12s all the way there... it worked out for me - no need to "borrow mommy's range" haha if this is now what youre concerned with you need to reschedule your test and take it sooner good god haha - good luck
 
Status
Not open for further replies.