Whats's the highest math the DAT covers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2bdntist2

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Of course there will be Alg, geo, what about calc or trig?

2bdntist2

Members don't see this ad.

everything before calculus

too bad too...had there been calculus i'd probably have scored higher haha

low level statistics is probebly the highest math it covers.....
other than that, everything else seems to be pretty simple.

I think the math section of the DAT is the easiest one

Members don't see this ad :)
everything before calculus

too bad too...had there been calculus i'd probably have scored higher haha

Taking engineering based calc and physics also makes you forget basic maths like algebra......Only those who actually took calc to defiQ can relate to this....(and the engineers etc).

The math section was the toughest for me, for several reasons. Mainly because its the last section of the test. After sitting there for 4 hours frying your brain, you then have to complete 45 math questions in 40 minutes. They are not straight forward math problems always. Many require you to use your math skillz to quickly find the answer in an indirect way. For these reasons, math was my lowest scoring section. I also spent 95% of my studying effort in other areas, not to mention I'm no math whiz. Dont be discouraged, just spend plenty of time getting comfortable with geometry and trig and you'll be ok.

their is no calculus but their are things like sine cosine tangent identities...basically the basics. Algebra and trig along with evaluations of exponents fractions square roots are all over the DAT. Oh and i had a lot of basic word problems on my test. Make sure you use as many resources as you can the 2 best ones for me were destroyer and topscore. Good luk