Wheel of Fortune

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SleazySalesMed

ABC's - Always Be Closing
Reaction score
I got in. Thanks :oldman:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
As long as your MCAT is at least 505 you could receive interviews at your Florida schools and Howard, Meharry and Morehouse. Other schools will depend on your actual MCAT which you should post here when available next year.

Reactions: 1 user
As long as your MCAT is at least 505 you could receive interviews at your Florida schools and Howard, Meharry and Morehouse. Other schools will depend on your actual MCAT which you should post here when available next year.

Thank you for taking the time to reply and read that block of text. Of course, I'll be sure to update this. Any other recommendations for schools?

With work and how subpar my stats are it's basically required I prewrite secondaries so I can apply as early as possible. Main reason why I'm trying to narrow down schools. March would be 5 months and 500 hours. Score wouldn't return til mid to late April. Not enough time at that point to prewrite since I'm sure illI have additional responsibilities besides work.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Updating my score now that I have some time. Got arrogant and pushed up my exam date. I scored a 514.. (127, 129, 127, 131) -1- point under my assumed score. I can't even joke about this. My girlfriend think's it's hilarious.

I prewrote Howard, all of my Florida schools, Drexel, Morehouse, NY MC, George Washington, Tufts, IU and Drew (Thanks @Goro @Faha ) I took the next week off from work to write more and finish with my list, PS and other pre-prep to submit early.

Is this still a good list?. WIlling to shift as needed. And do I need to apply to DO schools? I'm willing to spend if you think it is necessary. I put it at 30 schools, but willing to shoot for MAX 40. Any other recommended reaches?

Original:
University of Florida
University of Central Florida
Florida State University
Florida International University
Nova MD
Florida Atlantic University
University of South Florida Morsani
University of Miami Miller
Howard
Einstein - Reaching for the stars
New York Medical College
George Washington
Southern California Keck - Reaching for the stars
University of Rochester
Tufts
Morehouse
Meharry
University of Illinois - Apparently they like minorities
Indiana University School of Medicine - Apparently they like minorities
Wayne State
Drexel
California University
Ohio State - Apparently they like minorities - Reaching for the stars
Boston University - Reaching for the stars
Oakland Beaumont
Hofstra
Creighton
West Michigan
MC Wisconsin
Kaiser Permanente

Updated list
University of Florida
Kaiser Permanente
University of South Florida
University of Miami
University of Pittsburgh
Mayo Clinic Minnesota
Columbia
Cornell
Case Western Reserve University
Howard
Mt. Sinai
Albert Einstein

Last edited:
Updating my score now that I have some time. Got arrogant and pushed up my exam date. I scored a 514.. (127, 129, 127, 131) -1- point under my assumed score. I can't even joke about this. My girlfriend think's it's hilarious.

I prewrote Howard, all of my Florida schools, Drexel, Morehouse, NY MC, George Washington, Tufts, IU and Drew (Thanks @Goro @Faha ) I took the next week off from work to write more and finish with my list, PS and other pre-prep to submit early.

Is this still a good list?. WIlling to shift as needed. And do I need to apply to DO schools? I'm willing to spend if you think it is necessary. I put it at 30 schools, but willing to shoot for MAX 40. Any other recommended reaches?

University of Florida
Florida State University
Nova MD
Florida Atlantic University
University of South Florida Morsani
University of Miami Miller
Howard
Einstein - Reaching for the stars
New York Medical College
George Washington
Southern California Keck - Reaching for the stars
University of Rochester
Tufts
Morehouse
Meharry
University of Illinois - Apparently they like minorities
Indiana University School of Medicine - Apparently they like minorities
Wayne State
Drexel
California University
Ohio State - Apparently they like minorities - Reaching for the stars
Boston University - Reaching for the stars
Oakland Beaumont
Hofstra
Creighton
West Michigan
MC Wisconsin
Kaiser Permanente
I think that you can aim a lot higher now.
Start list with WashU and radiate outwards. Any school is yours. Don't forget UCLA/Drew.

Don’t apply to Illinois. Their tuition is obscene for out of state. I think it’s the highest in the US. If you want to be in Chicago try Loyola. Good luck. I think you’ll have a good cycle.

Don’t apply to Illinois. Their tuition is obscene for out of state. I think it’s the highest in the US. If you want to be in Chicago try Loyola. Good luck. I think you’ll have a good cycle.

Oh, did not look. To be frank, I was not going to consider the cost of tuition until I saw the A. If it was the only school I got into, I would pay it hands down. If I got in somewhere significantly cheaper that I felt was comparable, I would not hesitate in the slightest to turn them down. I was more concerned with location when I made the list.

I think that you can aim a lot higher now.
Start list with WashU and radiate outwards. Any school is yours. Don't forget UCLA/Drew.

I think I'll add back Case Western, which has an oddly representative class distribution, and consider a few other reaches in that tier. I'm a bit more conservative. Some of the applications I have seen on here are ridiculous to the point of being ludicrous. (Crazy ECs, 4.0, 522+) Thanks though!

Stats and ECs are good. OP is African-American, but I don't know if he's a rockstar or not. If he has his state schools, HBCUs, and some midtiers, I'd say half of his list could be top-20 schools.