PainDrain

5+ Year Member
Aug 26, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Damn. And I thought Atul Gawande had all the answers.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

chessknt

10+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
  2. Attending Physician
It Is worth mentioning that they didn't really give up but rather just decided to stop collaborating. Amazon is still persuing its own healthcare machine because there isn't a problem in existence the tech people can't 'disrupt' and fix.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
About the Ads

coffeebythelake

Supreme Commander Anesthesiologist
10+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
It Is worth mentioning that they didn't really give up but rather just decided to stop collaborating. Amazon is still persuing its own healthcare machine because there isn't a problem in existence the tech people can't 'disrupt' and fix.
problem with tech companies that seek to "disrupt" is that "quality" (aka your doctor education and training) is usually low on their priority list.

Reactions: 4 users

RadsWFA1900

2+ Year Member
Jul 30, 2018
problem with tech companies that seek to "disrupt" is that "quality" (aka your doctor education and training) is usually low on their priority list.
A new app with killer graphics appeals to the consumer more than anything else lol. Honestly nit Looking forward to the day when you must work for amazon lol

PainDrain

5+ Year Member
Aug 26, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician

You “disrupt” an industry when you change a model paradigm to become more efficient and produce a higher quality product. The issue I have with some tech “disrupters” is that they don’t even understand the paradigm so how can they possibly reinvent the model. Perfect example is that fraud from Theranos; I can’t believe how anyone bought into her BS.

Reactions: 4 users

RadsWFA1900

2+ Year Member
Jul 30, 2018
You “disrupt” an industry when you change a model paradigm to become more efficient and produce a higher quality product. The issue I have with some tech “disrupters” is that they don’t even understand the paradigm so how can they possibly reinvent the model. Perfect example is that fraud from Theranos; I can’t believe how anyone bought into her BS.
I dont know if it was in the water but when I was in residency I would come across people like her all the time. Just a pile of BS buzzwords everyone nodding along until you point out the obvious.

Nov 6, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I dont know if it was in the water but when I was in residency I would come across people like her all the time. Just a pile of BS buzzwords everyone nodding along until you point out the obvious.
The COO at our hospital is literally a dummy but has just the right amount business school buzzwords to fool some people. Ridiculous.

Reactions: 1 user

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads