when and how are secondaries sent?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eyesfeeltired

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
just curious to know how I would be informed and does anyone know when schools will start looking at applications?

Members don't see this ad.

Some people are claiming that AACOMAS won't release the applications to schools until the end of June (because they are backed up, and official MCAT scores have been delayed), but others are saying that the official date is still the 15th (this Monday).I would say that it's still up in the air, unless someone has heard a definitive answer from AACOMAS recently. You probably should expect secondaries from some schools sometime next month. Via email.

A chunk of people are already verified, why would they delay those people?

Members don't see this ad :)
You will be emailed by the schools and they will ask for a 2ndary. They come in a trickel, a few a week for a couple months. Most schools will send one, some will take your 2ndary and your money and reject you later that day (thanks, RVU). Most you won't hear from at all after this, some you'll hear from for the old "thanks, but we're so stocked with quality applicants", and then the others actually well offer an interview. Time frame varies, just keep jumping the hoops

Reactions: 1 user
A chunk of people are already verified, why would they delay those people?
Because AAMC is supposedly having some issue with official MCAT scores and getting everything verified through AACOMAS...It's all just speculation, no one really knows for sure what's going on with that.

In my opinion, I think everything will be good to go by this Monday. But you never know.

Because AAMC is supposedly having some issue with official MCAT scores and getting everything verified through AACOMAS...It's all just speculation, no one really knows for sure what's going on with that.

In my opinion, I think everything will be good to go by this Monday. But you never know.

I called AACOMAS on Friday and they said it is still good to go this Monday. All schools will have access this coming Monday to verified AACOMAS applications. I have also called the medical schools I've applied to and they're saying the same thing.

Where did you find out AAMC is having issues with official MCAT scores with AACOMAS? I have yet to see this. Are you talking about the delay in the scores being released from the new MCAT?

I called AACOMAS on Friday and they said it is still good to go this Monday. All schools will have access this coming Monday to verified AACOMAS applications. I have also called the medical schools I've applied to and they're saying the same thing.

Where did you find out AAMC is having issues with official MCAT scores with AACOMAS? I have yet to see this. Are you talking about the delay in the scores being released from the new MCAT?

No, it wasn't the new MCAT scores I was talking about. I'm fairly certain someone said they talked to AACOMAS reps that said that things may be delayed.There was a thread here about it like ten days ago, maybe its old news then? I mean, if both the schools and AACOMAS said recently that it's still a go for the 15th, then I'd go with that.

It can take time for your secondaries...sometimes they can keep them under review for quite a while before they decide to send one. It's all different for each school. Some send them automatically based on stats, some review the whole file, then decide if they want to send you a secondary. It's a test of patience...