1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

When and How - sending AADSAS official transcripts?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by UFStudent, May 6, 2004.

1. UFStudent

UFStudent Member
    7+ Year Member

Hello,

Well, the new cycle opens May 17th. When and How do I send AADSAS my official transcripts?

-I can send it to them earlier than May 17th? I am assuming no, since I do not have a file setup.

-Also, I send them transcripts from ALL schools I attended, correct?

-Is there a "proper" procedure when obtaining transcripts? Today, I obtained a transcripts from my local college (summer courses) and it's enclosed in a sealed envelop with the college seal over the flap. Is this fine?

I printed the 2004 cycle application, and they included an extra page that must be sent to AADSAS along with the transcript? How is this procedure done if you are sending dental application online?

Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Bickle

Bickle future NYC taxi driver
    10+ Year Member

Regardless if you mail your AADSAS application or send it via internet, you have to mail your official transcripts. Those transcript matching form you were talking about are to be included with the transcripts you send. If I were you, Id send my transcripts when i send my AADSAS app.

And yes, as long as there is an official seal then you are good to go with the transcripts you have. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

4. Jack Worthing

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    Dentaldream is right. The seal on the back guarantees the goods. UFStudent, when you ask for "official transcript" the transcript office will follow the procedure. I remember I was nervous too but then I realized they do this all the time. Send the matching form along with the transcript to AADSAS otherwise it will slow down the procedure in putting it in your file.

About how many transcripts you send: you should send them from the colleges you put on your AADSAS application in the educational history section. Some dental schools, like UBuffalo, also ask for H.S. transcripts but thats a special case. I dunno about Grad school transcripts but I take it you're not worrying about that.

About the paper-vs.-electronic submission procedures: I had worried about this too. But there are certain things you will HAVE to send by mail (no other way to do it): official transcripts and recommendations -- and those are the things that AADSAS gives you matching forms for. The rest is taken care of in the online app.

About WHEN: This seems like an inconsequential question at first (it would seem that you have to have a file open)- but I can't really say that I know/remember the answer. And the same for Letters of Recommendation. I'd really like to know the definitive answer on this just because it bothers me.

I'm sure you'll be fine. Best of luck. Let us know when you get in somewhere.

5. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Dentist
    Sure you can. Mail them in now, if you wish. Sending them in creates a file for you. Heck, mail them in now when the AADSAS peeps don't really have much to do. They'll be swamped in another 3 weeks.

6. onetoothleft

onetoothleft SDN Angel
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    On the Website it states that they began accepting offical transcipts on May 1, 2004.

This website might be helpful: (Click on preparing for the 2005 cycle.)
    http://www.adea.org/AADSAS/default.htm.

It contains the matching forms as well.

7. msummar_smc

msummar_smc Member
    7+ Year Member

Does the AADSAS have a generic form for your letters of recommendation so your professors/dentists writing the LORs can do just one and not several for each school?

8. HBomb

HBomb Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

AADSAS has a Matching Form that should be included with the LOR. It is there only to match the LOR with your file.

But to answer your question, there is no generic form. It would be best if your professors use school letterhead and dentists use their business letterhead (if they have one).

For transcripts and LOR, AADSAS just acts as a photocopying center.