When are big scholarships given?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AstroSidekick

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I know this will be very school dependent, but generally, when are the bigger scholarships (half/full tuition, or full COA) handed out? Is it pretty close to when the student is accepted? Or is it months later in Feb/March or even later into the summer?

Earlier this month, I got in state tuition at a TMDSAS school. Absolutely love the school, but I’m wishfully hoping another school throws me more money. I believe I would be happy at basically all of my MD acceptances as the prestige and (my opinion of) their location is negligible, my decision is going to come down to which school is the most affordable. I reached out to a few schools about matching scholarships, and they all gave me generic responses about it could be anytime before orientation.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes it is, but if you remember, the most competitive applicants generally tend to apply and interview early. So in general, the purse should open early. This can get reassessed as the cycle moves on.

Reactions: 1 user