When are LORs due?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sean Lee

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying in two months, and I have a list of professors and mentors I will contact for a LOR.

I am wondering when will DO schools require LORs? Do I ask interfolio to send them along with my primary application in early June? The reason I want to know is that I have to give my letter writers instruction on when to submit the letter to interfolio.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Schools vary. Some don't require them till post interview invite, post interview, etc. Doesn't hurt to send them early tho.

Schools vary. Some don't require them till post interview invite, post interview, etc. Doesn't hurt to send them early tho.

I see. But July/August is still early, right?

I've heard that LORs need to go in along with secondaries.

I guess what I want to ask is that will schools give you secondaries without LOR?

Members don't see this ad :)
I see. But July/August is still early, right?

I've heard that LORs need to go in along with secondaries.

I guess what I want to ask is that will schools give you secondaries without LOR?

They will send you secondaries and you can submit the secondaries without the LOR.

Once you send your LORs in then you will be marked complete.

You can send your LORs in whenever you want but you want to do it around the time you submit your secondaries because you won't be complete if you don't have them in. You have to be complete to have your application reviewed for an II.

They will send you secondaries and you can submit the secondaries without the LOR.

Once you send your LORs in then you will be marked complete.

You can send your LORs in whenever you want but you want to do it around the time you submit your secondaries because you won't be complete if you don't have them in. You have to be complete to have your application reviewed for an II.

Thanks that's helpful.

If my application is competitive and I submit my primary early June, around when can I expect secondaries?