When are LORs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nm825

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So from what I've read, they're generally due when you submit secondaries. Is this correct? I have a committee letter; I just need to get the DO later. I was planning on asking a week from today when I see the DO I've been shadowing. Do you think this will be enough time? 4 weeks?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, most secondaries don't come out until July or even August. Give the doctor plenty of time to write your letter.

So from what I've read, they're generally due when you submit secondaries. Is this correct? I have a committee letter; I just need to get the DO later. I was planning on asking a week from today when I see the DO I've been shadowing. Do you think this will be enough time? 4 weeks?

Not ALL schools require you to send in your LOR with your secondary, I would do some research on the schools you plan to apply to otherwise you will be wasting money.

Most secondaries don't come out for a while anyway but make sure you tell the physician when you plan on submitting your secondaries so they have a good timeline going. I would say earlier than later just to make room for the unknown.