1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
Hey, Guest, do you know how much will it cost you to apply to medical school? Check out SDN's Medical School Application Cost Calculator and plan your budget.

When are LORs?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by nm825, May 20, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. nm825

nm825 5+ Year Member

Mar 11, 2012
    So from what I've read, they're generally due when you submit secondaries. Is this correct? I have a committee letter; I just need to get the DO later. I was planning on asking a week from today when I see the DO I've been shadowing. Do you think this will be enough time? 4 weeks?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Fedxup

Fedxup 2+ Year Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Yes, most secondaries don't come out until July or even August. Give the doctor plenty of time to write your letter.

4. Sean Lee

Sean Lee

Jan 15, 2014
    July/August.

5. WhyDoWeFall

WhyDoWeFall 5+ Year Member

Feb 5, 2011
    Not ALL schools require you to send in your LOR with your secondary, I would do some research on the schools you plan to apply to otherwise you will be wasting money.

Most secondaries don't come out for a while anyway but make sure you tell the physician when you plan on submitting your secondaries so they have a good timeline going. I would say earlier than later just to make room for the unknown.