When are you applying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

When did you apply or plan to apply to dental schools?

• when finishing the necessary pre-requisites

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • the year before graduating from undergrad

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • the year graduating from undergrad

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • 1-2 years after graduating from undergrad

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • other reason(s)

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters

coolslugs

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many of you are applying to dental schools 0-1 year after graduating from undergrad? If so, what do you have planned for these 1-2 years, assuming you have a competitive GPA and test scores?

Members don't see this ad.

coolslugs said:
How many of you are applying to dental schools 0-1 year after graduating from undergrad? If so, what do you have planned for these 1-2 years, assuming you have a competitive GPA and test scores?

I graduated in May 04 and will be starting dental school in July 06. I've been working in a chemical lab for a clay company since I graduated. I haven't taken a single class since I graduated, but I'm not worried at all about getting back into the groove. In fact, I took the DAT for the first time in August 05 and scored in the top 80-90th percent in the country. I did keep my histology and anatomy work from undergrad, so I definitely plan on studying this spring before I start. Hope this helps.

coolslugs said:

Backpack the entire appalachian trail. Only 1800 miles left!!! and work and put together some good paintings, and stay current with the literature, referring to my biochem and molecular books on dark, rainy days. Try to become less of a jerk and a better time manager. Maybe get up the confidence to start asking out the really pretty AND smart girls. Mostly a strong regimen of self improvement, money making and hard core recreation.

Members don't see this ad :)
If any of you have 1-2 years of free time before going to dental school, would you use your time to get a dental assistant certificate or get certified as an EMT-1?

I graduate in may 06 i will take my DAT sometime in Feb and will apply to dental school during the summer for fall 07. while i wait i will enroll in a spanish masters program and take a few sciences along the way to bring up my science GPA. :thumbup: