1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

When are you applying?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by coolslugs, Nov 18, 2005.

?

When did you apply or plan to apply to dental schools?

1. when finishing the necessary pre-requisites

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. the year before graduating from undergrad

8 vote(s)
    25.8%
  3. the year graduating from undergrad

12 vote(s)
    38.7%
  4. 1-2 years after graduating from undergrad

9 vote(s)
    29.0%
  5. other reason(s)

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. coolslugs

coolslugs Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

How many of you are applying to dental schools 0-1 year after graduating from undergrad? If so, what do you have planned for these 1-2 years, assuming you have a competitive GPA and test scores?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Heavyd22

Heavyd22 Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I graduated in May 04 and will be starting dental school in July 06. I've been working in a chemical lab for a clay company since I graduated. I haven't taken a single class since I graduated, but I'm not worried at all about getting back into the groove. In fact, I took the DAT for the first time in August 05 and scored in the top 80-90th percent in the country. I did keep my histology and anatomy work from undergrad, so I definitely plan on studying this spring before I start. Hope this helps.

4. Gulch

5+ Year Member

Dental Student

Backpack the entire appalachian trail. Only 1800 miles left!!! and work and put together some good paintings, and stay current with the literature, referring to my biochem and molecular books on dark, rainy days. Try to become less of a jerk and a better time manager. Maybe get up the confidence to start asking out the really pretty AND smart girls. Mostly a strong regimen of self improvement, money making and hard core recreation.

5. coolslugs

coolslugs Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

If any of you have 1-2 years of free time before going to dental school, would you use your time to get a dental assistant certificate or get certified as an EMT-1?

6. Advendentist

Advendentist Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I graduate in may 06 i will take my DAT sometime in Feb and will apply to dental school during the summer for fall 07. while i wait i will enroll in a spanish masters program and take a few sciences along the way to bring up my science GPA. :thumbup: