When are you...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ibo man

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
When are you planning on taken the DAT?. I keep on prosponding my test date. Am getting tired of studing the same things over, and over again. It's getting boring. With my poor stats. I want to do real well on the test. Am getting 20's on topscore, and kaplan on every thing but math (18's and 19's). I still feel that am not ready. But I have decided to finally take it on september 1 regardless. I want to see my scores before submitting my application, so I can know how many school to apply to. Do you guys feel the same way or is it just me. Comments will be really appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

trust me ibo man, you're not the only one feeling that way ;)

I am scheduled to take my test Aug. 21st, although i have already submitted my aadsas application. One thing i didn't realize was that you have to call an schedule at least a month before you want to take your test. I didn't, so now i have to take my test later than i planned although extra studying never hurt anyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
ibo man,

My advisor told me that the same fears you mentioned are the #1 negative thing about taking the DAT. Because it is available nearly any day of the year (and you can reschedule and reschedule and reshedule) it makes it difficult to pin down a date. I think that what you are doing by setting a date of Sept 1. and going for it is the right thing to do!

Work hard to prepare for that date (you still have TONS of time) and take it on that date. The feeling when you are done is amazing.

Also, as you said, it's good to know your scores before you apply. Certainly you could come out with an academic average of 24 and then you would be able to narrow down your application to a few signifigant schools. A score of 18 is going to put you in a different catergory and you might feel you have to add schools to your application.

Good luck, you'll do great!

ibo man,

I agree with the above posters and I to am guilty of postponing my DAT for the same reasons as you mentioned. But I'm not doing as well as you are on the Topscore. Set a date and go for it. Remember since you haven't submitted your application yet no school even knows about you, and the later you submit your application the later you will get accepted and the chances of admittance drops the later you submit your application.

Sep. 1 and you are done.

DesiDentist

IBOMAN
didnt you score a 20 on your previous DAT?
If you are getting bored and sick of studying, I say take it Soon and get it over with !
I am sure you will do well this time. Last time you were in the 20s....this time-----???? you'll be off the charts !
Have confidence in yourself, I know you will do well