You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
When asked about duel enrollment?
Started by mdsniper7
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I dunno, just make sure you're fast on the draw.
(Dual)
What do you mean yes or no? If you don't want a PhD or Mph why would you say yes?
What do you mean yes or no? If you don't want a PhD or Mph why would you say yes?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it better to say yes or no when applying for schools.
It's better to answer honestly. If you answer yes, but you aren't able to articulate an honest desire or knowledge of why you would pursue dual enrollment, that almost makes you look worse than just saying no.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I dunno, just make sure you're fast on the draw.
![]()
They do have sniper in their username. Is a sniper fast in a duel??
They do have sniper in their username.
Duly noted.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I dunno, just make sure you're fast on the draw.
And know the 10 duel commandments.
Hope there are some other Hamilton geeks out there.
OP, if you're not interested in doing an MPH or a PhD, why would you say yes? One answer isn't "better" than the other, it's most important to be honest.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I don't know about MPH, but the process for dual DVM/PhD applications is a lot more rigorous than just clicking yes and being done with it (there are more essays, letters of reference, etc.). You can do research during vet school without being in a dual program.
Last edited:
For many of the schools, yes. If you apply to do a duel program and are accepted, you must do that or not go to vet school that year, at that school.Sorry for the vague question. I'm basically wondering cause I'm interested in it but not a 100% yet. Basically if I put yes does that mean 100% that I have to do it if accepted.
Many review duel applications first and make offers. Denies for the duel program then go to regular admissions.
A few do it the other way. Accept you to vet school, then if you have interest in the duel programs, that is a secondary process. I know at least one school doesn't let you really enter the duel program until you start vet school.
I guess, look at the school's you want to apply to. See how they choose duel program participants and whether they have a program you REALLY want to do. Otherwise, skip it.
FTFYFor many of the schools, yes. If you apply to do a dual program and are accepted, you must do that or not go to vet school that year, at that school.
Many review dual applications first and make offers. Denies for the dual program then go to regular admissions.
A few do it the other way. Accept you to vet school, then if you have interest in the dual programs, that is a secondary process. I know at least one school doesn't let you really enter the dual program until you start vet school.
I guess, look at the school's you want to apply to. See how they choose dual program participants and whether they have a program you REALLY want to do. Otherwise, skip it.
Thank you. Too tired to sleep yet so playing video games. Guess where my spelling inspiration is coming from? 😉FTFY
And know the 10 duel commandments.
Hope there are some other Hamilton geeks out there.
OP, if you're not interested in doing an MPH or a PhD, why would you say yes? One answer isn't "better" than the other, it's most important to be honest.
The challenge: demand satisfaction, if they apologize no need for further action.
Also, if you don't want to do a PH.D., don't. Figure out other ways to beef up your application and do it that way.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Similar threads
- Replies
- 3K
- Views
- 118K
- Replies
- 211
- Views
- 8K