When can one apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

benyben

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all. Let me start by saying that this forum is great, and that I appreciate the help I get here.

Ok. So here is the question in brief:
How can I know if I am ready to apply?

And here is the longer version:
I am an International Student, and I am very much interested in applying to USN's PharmD program.
The problem is that with so much information, combined with the fact that everything is new to me, I sometimes get very confused.

Here is my current situation:
I am what they call a full time student at Santa Monica College. At the end of this semester (Fall) I will have 60 units, from the following classes:
1. Psychology1
2. Sociology1
3. English1
4. English2
5. Communication
6. Nutrition1
7. Anatomy1
8. Chem 10 (introductory)

The question that I am asking myself (and need your help with) is whether I can even apply to USN (for the coming year).

As I understand it, one can take classes while still applying. So this means I will have to take all the pre-req's by next fall. This leaves me with Winter Session, Spring Semester and Summer session. Is this possible? Is it possible to complete all the pre-req's at such a time frame?

Sorry for the long question.

All the best, and thank you !!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all. Let me start by saying that this forum is great, and that I appreciate the help I get here.

Ok. So here is the question in brief:
How can I know if I am ready to apply?

And here is the longer version:
I am an International Student, and I am very much interested in applying to USN's PharmD program.
The problem is that with so much information, combined with the fact that everything is new to me, I sometimes get very confused.

Here is my current situation:
I am what they call a full time student at Santa Monica College. At the end of this semester (Fall) I will have 60 units, from the following classes:
1. Psychology1
2. Sociology1
3. English1
4. English2
5. Communication
6. Nutrition1
7. Anatomy1
8. Chem 10 (introductory)

The question that I am asking myself (and need your help with) is whether I can even apply to USN (for the coming year).

As I understand it, one can take classes while still applying. So this means I will have to take all the pre-req's by next fall. This leaves me with Winter Session, Spring Semester and Summer session. Is this possible? Is it possible to complete all the pre-req's at such a time frame?

Sorry for the long question.

All the best, and thank you !!!

No, not possible. Chemistry and Ochem will take four semesters.

I don't know what their pre-reqs are, but it looks like the pre-reqs you have left to do are all sciences. I don't know about you, but when I tried to do that, my GPA nosedived, so I wouldn't recommend it. Also, most programs require you to have all pre-reqs completed by spring semester, usually before June 1. Is it possible? Sure. Is it possible with a good GPA? I don't think so. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I would say continue working on your pre-reqs and apply next year.