When can/should I submit my application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

butterfly222

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I know the application cycle is coming up and the closer it gets the more nervous I get! I have already taken my DAT once but am considering a retake but I'm a little confused and worried about the timeline of things. If I want to retake the test the third week of July, when should I plan on submitting my dental school application? I know that once I submit it it'll take a while to process and same with the DAT scores. Should I apply with the scores I already have and let the schools know I'm doing a retake? Or just submit with without scores and wait? How many weeks before the retake should I submit the application so that they will post and be available around the same time? I hope my questions make sense and appreciate any and all feedback! Good luck to everyone applying this cycle!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys!

I know the application cycle is coming up and the closer it gets the more nervous I get! I have already taken my DAT once but am considering a retake but I'm a little confused and worried about the timeline of things. If I want to retake the test the third week of July, when should I plan on submitting my dental school application? I know that once I submit it it'll take a while to process and same with the DAT scores. Should I apply with the scores I already have and let the schools know I'm doing a retake? Or just submit with without scores and wait? How many weeks before the retake should I submit the application so that they will post and be available around the same time? I hope my questions make sense and appreciate any and all feedback! Good luck to everyone applying this cycle!! :)
it would be easier to give you advice if you filled out a full wamc template...

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys!

if you can fill out aadsas without interfering with your dat studies, you should submit and check the DAT retake box
this will allow the transcript verification process to begin
if you submit in late july, there will be more apps in the queue and it will take longer...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
if you can fill out aadsas without interfering with your dat studies, you should submit and check the DAT retake box
this will allow the transcript verification process to begin
if you submit in late july, there will be more apps in the queue and it will take longer...
thanks so much for the feedback! Didn’t realize there was a “DAT retake” box, this helps a lot!!

thanks so much for the feedback! Didn’t realize there was a “DAT retake” box, this helps a lot!!
it tells the schools to put your app on hold until the new scores come in
you can email/fax your unofficial scores to the schools and some will begin to consider you

are you sure you need a retake?
that's why i suggested the WAMC template

it tells the schools to put your app on hold until the new scores come in
you can email/fax your unofficial scores to the schools and some will begin to consider you

are you sure you need a retake?
that's why i suggested the WAMC template
I will do a WAMC

Reactions: 1 user