When did UCSF start interviewing?????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LuisitoMD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just wanted to know when the first interviews were... since it's rolling admin.... :rolleyes:
thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

mamd2be said:
just wanted to know when the first interviews were... since it's rolling admin.... :rolleyes:
thanks!

I think they started in October or late September, but don't worry, the first acceptances don't go out until January this year.

I think first acceptances are coming out in the middle of december... I know the adcom met on Monday.

Members don't see this ad :)
jeffsleepy said:
I think first acceptances are coming out in the middle of december... I know the adcom met on Monday.

Really? I thought it was January. I guess the sooner the better!

When i interviewed there in Oct I'm pretty sure they said it would be January or possibly even Feb before the first acceptances went out.

hmm... well I was there on Monday and I'm think that they said that decisions were going out in middle of Dec. or so and that we weren't going to be in that first bunch because the adcom was meeting later that very day. I could be wrong... it was very early in the morning, but I'm pretty sure.

When I was there, they told me that the first batch of acceptances would be mailed out in the middle of December.

First day was 10/17 because I interviewed on the 18th and they said we were second. This wait is so excruciatingly long...

When I was there (beginning of Nov.) he said typically the first acceptances go out middle of December, but that we should probably not expect to hear anything until at least January because the committee was moving slowly.

I was hoping he was wrong. If I heard from them next week it would be the best Christmas EVER. But why would they let me in at all, let alone let me in this early? But WHAT IF THEY DID?

Does this inner monologue sound familiar? (I really want to go to UCSF) :laugh:

oh my goodness i cant wait to hear back!! the dean said that since it's his first year (or smthg like that) and they've changed a few things, we wont hear till january. but when i asked my student interviewer, he said after december 15th. i interviewed end of october, so i REALLY REALLY REALLY hope i hear back soon!!

for those who interviewed at ucsf, when you check your application status page does it still show the selected for interview letter? bc i interviewed on oct 24th but my application status page hasnt updated to something like interview complete.

im wondering if i should call ucsf to double check that my file is totally complete.

thanks!

also, when i interviewed i remember Dr. Wofsy saying that acceptances won't go out till mid Jan. but maybe that has changed!

mkanchan said:
for those who interviewed at ucsf, when you check your application status page does it still show the selected for interview letter? bc i interviewed on oct 24th but my application status page hasnt updated to something like interview complete.

im wondering if i should call ucsf to double check that my file is totally complete.

thanks!

also, when i interviewed i remember Dr. Wofsy saying that acceptances won't go out till mid Jan. but maybe that has changed!

I don't think the status page changes at all from "interview selected" even after they send out your final decision letter. Mine is definitely still at selected for interview even though I interviewed. I wouldnt worry about it if I were you. Good luck!