When did you join SDN?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

When did you join?

• High school

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Freshman year of college

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Sophomore year

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • Junior year

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Senior year

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • After graduating from college (Bachelors or later)

Votes: 51 54.3%

• Total voters

armybound

urologist.
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It amazes me when high schoolers or freshmen join because at that point in my life I wasn't organized enough to think about joining a pre-med forum.

Curious when everyone else joined :)

Members don't see this ad.

I joined about, oh, one week before submitting my AMCAS last year. Honestly, my mother told me about these forums, I had very little active advising or directing from any kind of committee, so I came to lurk and have all my questions answered.

Kind of. Then to share anxiety about MCAT scores. lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
I joined about December of my sophomore year, when I was starting to collect my letters of recommendation.

It wasn't even on my radar that such things existed when I was in college. I bet if we were high school kids now who were using these types of forums for college admissions it would seem natural to seek out a premed forum too. I found this site by accident while searching for admissions information the year before I applied to medschool.

I wish I knew about this forum when I started college, I have a feeling that I would have been much more organized and gunnerish. Also, even though I don't like the term gunner, I wish I was one during undergrad....

I joined AFTER submitting a late AMCAS with lackluster grades and an average MCAT. Luckily my ECs and essays saved my butt and I got in. I sure could've used the advice BEFOREHAND however.

i joined because i applied my senior year of college, got screwed because i had no other help and on a random google search, i found this.

since then, this place has been an awesome resource for not only med school stuff but beyond as well. <3 SDN

I wish I knew about this forum when I started college, I have a feeling that I would have been much more organized and gunnerish. Also, even though I don't like the term gunner, I wish I was one during undergrad....

Yeah, I have a feeling that if I hadn't found this site I would have been a lot less gunnerish and maybe, just maybe, I would have been less lucky in the admissions process.

Yeah, I have a feeling that if I hadn't found this site I would have been a lot less gunnerish and maybe, just maybe, I would have been less lucky in the admissions process.

Hence the high acceptance rate and stellar schools on SDN :)

I joined after interviewing for med school stuff senior year. I had looked around, mostly at interview response stuff, and then I decided to join after looking around for a bit. :) YAY SDN

11 months after receiving my bachelor's and 3 days before my MCAT. I needed a place to freak out.:laugh: I had visited this forum like 2-3 times before, but it wasn't until then that I started checking it regularly and also posting.

It wasn't even on my radar that such things existed when I was in college. I bet if we were high school kids now who were using these types of forums for college admissions it would seem natural to seek out a premed forum too.
Yeah, a few times I have stumbled upon forums where nervous high schoolers are freaking out about what they have to do to get into my alma mater for undergrad. I find it absolutely hilarious. I remember being "Uh, WHAT was that name, again?" when my college counselor in HS suggested that I apply there.:laugh: So I was like "Oh, ok" and just added it to my list cuz he told me to.

Yeah, a few times I have stumbled upon forums where nervous high schoolers are freaking out about what they have to do to get into my alma mater for undergrad. I find it absolutely hilarious. I remember being "Uh, WHAT was that name, again?" when my college counselor in HS suggested that I apply there.:laugh: So I was like "Oh, ok" and just added it to my list cuz he told me to.

Hahaha, that's pretty much how I got into my university. The application was free so I thought "why not?"...I got in and I just graduated. It's actually weird for me to see hs kids freaking out over college admissions, because it never stressed me out.

It wasn't even on my radar that such things existed when I was in college.

LOL.....I got you beat! PC's hadn't even been INVENTED when I was in college the first time! Computers were room-sized. Anyone remember IBM punch-cards? Even music hadn't been digitalized then. We had audio cassette tapes, 8-track tapes, and vinyl albums...you know, the kind that play on a record player at 33 1/3 rpm's.