When did you make it off the waitlist/alternate list?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gary5

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. If you were an alternate, when did you make it off the waitlist/alternate list? Which month? Before May? After May?

Thanks! :p :love: :p

Members don't see this ad.

I got off the waitlist at temple in December, after having been put on it in Early november. Did you mean for a specific school at all?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm on so many waitlists that I think I lost count (3 actually). Still on the waitlist for my top choice. I wish I would get accepted off of that already so this danged process would be officially over.

The key for these waitlists is to write a very nice letter expressing your continued interest and desire to attend the medical school and why you think you are a good fit for the medical school.

I wrote a letter back in December to two medical schools that I was on the waitlist. Within two weeks of sending the letter, I got off the waitlist for those two schools.

Also note, if you are on the waitlist for Georgetown or really any other school, write the letter. This whole process is like jumping through a series of hoops. Writing the letter is just one more hoop you have to go through.
I think writing a sincere, thoughtful letter is crucial. I didn't keep in contact with Wake Forest that I was on the waitlist for. In February, I got rejected from that school even though I was initially waitlisted. In the waitlist, the school said to keep in contact but I didn't.