When did you start...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pbehzad

Faddayy
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i was wondering when did everyone start researching what medical schools they were applying to? i just finished my sophomore year,and i was wondering if its to early to think about what med schools to apply to? i am somewhat hesitant on wasting my time just because i still have 1 more year and my gpa could fluctuate and that could be a major decision in what schools i applied to. also i havent taken the mcat. i know for sure i will apply to my state school and my university's med school. just wondering when everyone else had an idea what med schools they were going to apply to? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

It's not something I think you need to spend hours over but it's worth 'paying attention' at least to what SDNers are saying etc.

I mean everytime you hear about schools that give out early acceptances, you might want to take note of those...and when people discuss which school give out great financial aid deals or full tuition scholarships...take a note...etc or if one school will never give you in-state whereas another gives it after one year...jot that down.

That way when it does come time to make your list you won't have to waste so much time finding such info.

I had a copy of the MSAR and just wrote such tidbits on the schools entry whenever I found something like that out.