joaquin13

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 5, 2003
Visit site
Status
when do EM residencies typically start? am a MS-4 applying currently, but also want to plan a trip in June for about 10 days, what is the earliest anyone has heard of a program starting?

Thanks!

southerndoc

life is good
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2002
Atlanta
Status
Attending Physician
joaquin13 said:
when do EM residencies typically start? am a MS-4 applying currently, but also want to plan a trip in June for about 10 days, what is the earliest anyone has heard of a program starting?

Thanks!
I think we were one of the earliest to start -- third week of June. Most start in July.

flighterdoc

Rocket Scientist
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2003
Slipping the Surly Bonds of Earth
Visit site
Status
joaquin13 said:

Thanks!

I've heard of a few starting the first or second week in June (for orientation, ALS, etc).

Check the websites of the programs you ranked high, they will probably have the schedules on them.

roja

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2003
NYC--->San Francisco
Status
Attending Physician
Good advice.

We started July. The interns have one month of 'orientation' and then start rotations in august.

Scrubbs

Chisellers beware!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2003
NeverNeverLand
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Orientation at all the Philly programs tends to start middle of June (12th-16th or so). Interns actually start clinical shifts the last week of June (typically the 23rd), so they need to get the paperwork and merit badges in early.

OP
J

joaquin13

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 5, 2003
Visit site
Status
anyone know about any of the western programs, like maricopa or fresno, irvine, when they start? thanks! i tried looking on websites to no avail.

docB

Chronically painful
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2002
Las Vegas, NV
Status
Attending Physician
UC Davis started on June 25th when I was there.

ekydrd

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2004
Louisville KY
Status
Resident [Any Field]
joaquin13 said:
anyone know about any of the western programs, like maricopa or fresno, irvine, when they start? thanks! i tried looking on websites to no avail.
They told me when I interviewed in Fresno that they start in the latter half of June for ACLS etc.

Apollyon

Screw the GST
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2002
SCREW IT!
flighterdoc said:
I've heard of a few starting the first or second week in June (for orientation, ALS, etc).
Where? The earliest I know of (and I know a lot about this) is the third week in June (around the 13th), and those are even uncommon to rare - the first week in June would overlap on med school graduations.