When do EVMS let you know?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nervouspremed

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody interviewed around 10/22 has received a decision from EVMS yet?

Members don't see this ad.

nervouspremed said:
haha, I mean interviewed around 10/20.
Interviewed 10/15: Got word around 10/30....Wait list, bleh!

Members don't see this ad :)
cammy1313 said:
Interviewed 10/15: Got word around 10/30....Wait list, bleh!

I called them today, and they told me I am put on the waitlist. I guess they can tell you over the phone.

So timeframe is about 2 weeks.

Thats pretty quick.

I interviewed there today, and loved that place. Although, I think three people panel interview was bit intense.

premedgeek said:
So timeframe is about 2 weeks.

Thats pretty quick.

I interviewed there today, and loved that place. Although, I think three people panel interview was bit intense.

People with waitlist, how did your interviews go? Do you guys mind sharing your stats(PM me if you want)? It seems that lot of people are getting waitlisted.

premedgeek said:
People with waitlist, how did your interviews go? Do you guys mind sharing your stats(PM me if you want)? It seems that lot of people are getting waitlisted.

Interviewed 9/22, Waitlist: 10/17

premedgeek said:

I tho mine went above average bc one of the interviewer told me that I have a lot of potentials at the end of the interview but he wasn't part of the committee. So I guess you never know. I like the school too, good luck.

nervouspremed said:
I tho mine went above average bc one of the interviewer told me that I have a lot of potentials at the end of the interview but he wasn't part of the committee. So I guess you never know. I like the school too, good luck.

Someone there told me that nearly 50% of their class ends up coming off of the waitlist, it's not that bad of a place to be

Liz

interviewed 12/1 waitlisted 12/14. im out of state

jiggaman said:
interviewed 12/1 waitlisted 12/14. im out of state

wow. how come my waitlist took so long? I knew I should have sent a thank you card!

interview: 11/5, waitlisted 12/18, out of state

tinkerbelle said:
wow. how come my waitlist took so long? I knew I should have sent a thank you card!

interview: 11/5, waitlisted 12/18, out of state

I sent the thank you note. I still got waitlisted :oops:

Interviewed 11/10, waitlisted 12/6 ish(called).

Why does waitlist letter says, "committee is pleased with aspects of your application, and will keep your file active", and then on the next sentence, we will only pull off people from waitlist after all people have been interviewed.

Doesn't active mean they will continually review my file, and will not wait until March/May.

tinkerbelle, my letter took forever to get to me too!!! Waaaay over a month. I called before Thanksgiving and found out that I was waitlisted, and it took almost another 3 weeks before I got the letter. How strange.

premedgeek, I agree that their letter is a wierd one. It sounds like they are keeping my file in a time capsule until the summer, active to me means that someone will "actively" be looking at it once in awhile. I'm probably going to withdraw...maybe I will write a letter asking them to please "deactivate" my application....an active application just sitting around for 5 months could be dangerous. ;)

Davina3000 said:
tinkerbelle, my letter took forever to get to me too!!! Waaaay over a month. I called before Thanksgiving and found out that I was waitlisted, and it took almost another 3 weeks before I got the letter. How strange.

premedgeek, I agree that their letter is a wierd one. It sounds like they are keeping my file in a time capsule until the summer, active to me means that someone will "actively" be looking at it once in awhile. I'm probably going to withdraw...maybe I will write a letter asking them to please "deactivate" my application....an active application just sitting around for 5 months could be dangerous. ;)

lol

I am also planning to withdraw pretty soon.

Just curious, which school are you planning to attend next year?

Davina3000 said:

Yeah, I just thought it was wierd b/c a girl who interviewed the same day as I did found out she was waitlisted less than two weeks later (11/15 i think). Oh well. I'll chalk it up to the randomness of this silly process :)

premedgeek said:
lol

I am also planning to withdraw pretty soon.

Well i suppose I should withdraw as well. There are too many freaking letters to write :laugh: Schools should have a little box on their website saying "Click me if you would like to withdraw".

tinkerbelle said:
Well i suppose I should withdraw as well. There are too many freaking letters to write :laugh: Schools should have a little box on their website saying "Click me if you would like to withdraw".

Seriously! I've been dreaming of the exact same thing. (I think I noticed that one school actually does have this on their website...VCU maybe???) I've just been cutting and pasting my same withdrawal letter to each school (adding a sentence or two if I actually interviewed there), but it still seems like a pain. Obviously I am just burnt out on the whole application process and the thought of sending anything in the mail to any school exhausts me. Thank goodness I'm in somewhere, because my LOIs would be terrible at this point. "Please. Accept. Me. I am too tired to write anymore. Thank you." :laugh:

Davina3000 said:
Seriously! I've been dreaming of the exact same thing. (I think I noticed that one school actually does have this on their website...VCU maybe???) I've just been cutting and pasting my same withdrawal letter to each school (adding a sentence or two if I actually interviewed there), but it still seems like a pain. Obviously I am just burnt out on the whole application process and the thought of sending anything in the mail to any school exhausts me. Thank goodness I'm in somewhere, because my LOIs would be terrible at this point. "Please. Accept. Me. I am too tired to write anymore. Thank you." :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: I totally know how you feel. At the moment, schools are getting withdrawl e-mails. I can't take it anymore! No more writing!! I don't even care about sending letters of interest. I'm in somewhere and that's all that matters :) I just want med school to start already.

did anyone who interviewed on 12/8 or 12/10 get a decision yet?
i would call, but i haven't yet worked up the nerve to get rejected or waitlisted over the phone :scared: