When do I take the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

shannonigans

i prefer heartbeats to retweets
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Happy Sunday Funday, SDN!

I'm starting a Post-Bacc Pre-Med program in the Fall that should take roughly 2 years to complete. I would prefer to go straight from the post-bacc pre-med program into med school, which looks like I'll be applying to med schools/going on interviews during the 2nd year. However, I have no idea when I'll know enough to take the MCAT. Will 2-3 months of studying next summer and taking it in August be enough time to get in my application to med schools? (Also, is a year back in school enough time to put together a strong enough med school application?)

Thanks!