When do interview invites end?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

osprey099

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems like pretty much all programs have sent invitations out already and for the vast majority of them, the dates are already filled. Some chart I saw in charting outcomes said that 20% of invitations come in November and even some are in December. How is this possible if most slots are already filled?

Members don't see this ad.

yeah I've still been getting interviews each week, but they've definitely slowed down. I guess some programs send them out later than others.

There seems to be a trend for IM IIs that the less competitive programs send invites early while the more competitive ones send them relatively later, not unusually into December and January.
I know that rejections have already started though. :/

Members don't see this ad :)
There seems to be a trend for IM IIs that the less competitive programs send invites early while the more competitive ones send them relatively later, not unusually into December and January.
I know that rejections have already started though. :/
yeah...IVs as late as January are because of cancellations not programs waiting that long...

I
It seems like pretty much all programs have sent invitations out already and for the vast majority of them, the dates are already filled. Some chart I saw in charting outcomes said that 20% of invitations come in November and even some are in December. How is this possible if most slots are already filled?

From this point on, a lot of interview invites are going to be the result of people canceling, as mentioned above. Most programs have already sent out their big waves. Of course there are exceptions, but don't expect to start receiving 2-3 invites a week. It'll likely be 1 here, 1 there for 99% of us.

The truth is a hard pill to swallow my friends