When do loans come in???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nicole2

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My school starts in two weeks and I'm wondering when the loans come in. I'm borrowing more than tuition this year because there are extra expenses due to moving and buying new equipments. I would need the money in about one-two weeks for my expected spendings.
I just applied for loans (unsubsidized and GradPLUS) three days ago and I'm wondering when they come in!

Does anyone know??

Members don't see this ad.

My school starts in two weeks and I'm wondering when the loans come in. I'm borrowing more than tuition this year because there are extra expenses due to moving and buying new equipments. I would need the money in about one-two weeks for my expected spendings.
I just applied for loans (unsubsidized and GradPLUS) three days ago and I'm wondering when they come in!

Does anyone know??
why did you only apply 3 days ago if you need the money so soon?

perhaps you should as where you applied for the loans how long it will take

Usually ~1 week after a semester starts so you're looking at 3 weeks at the very earliest. Normally people do the FAFSA and everything well before then though, since you applied so close you may be waiting a while for everything to go through. You should probably talk to Financial Aid at your school though, they probably know a lot better than anyone on SDN.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
why did you only apply 3 days ago if you need the money so soon?

perhaps you should as where you applied for the loans how long it will take

I was abroad where I couldn't access US websites :( Didn't calculate the time it would take for the loans to come in. I know stupid me.

Usually ~1 week after a semester starts so you're looking at 3 weeks at the very earliest. Normally people do the FAFSA and everything well before then though, since you applied so close you may be waiting a while for everything to go through. You should probably talk to Financial Aid at your school though, they probably know a lot better than anyone on SDN.

I filed FAFSA last December but I didn't apply for loans until couple days ago. I got my award letter from my school's financial aid office awhile ago but I will ask them about when I should be expecting the loans to come in. Thanks !

If you're worried they won't give you the money, don't. Uncle Sam will always give 100k a year at a 6-8% compound interest

Reactions: 1 user
I filed FAFSA last December but I didn't apply for loans until couple days ago. I got my award letter from my school's financial aid office awhile ago but I will ask them about when I should be expecting the loans to come in. Thanks !
Guess I just don’t remember the specifics then haha, you should get your money about a week after the first day

Your school financial aid office would be better suited to answer this.