When do med schools stop offering interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone know when medical schools generally stop offering interview invitations?
I took MCAT in late August, and turned in secondaries after I received my score so my secondaries were late. I just want an idea of what to expect.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last year I was complete mostly in October.

I received an interview in December, one in January, one in March, and one in April

Reactions: 1 user
Interviews go until April for some schools.

A late submission generally means the death of your application... why take someone who submitted late?

Members don't see this ad :)
Expect to wait a while, and hope that the schools you applied to have long interview seasons. Some schools wrap up interviews in Dec/Jan, some schools interview into April.

As Ismet has mentioned, it varies from school to school. The best way to check is to look at the school specific threads from last year and see if you can figure out when the last interview dates were. There was also a thread posted here not so long ago that included end of interview season dates for a bunch of schools.

Edit: found it http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/latest-interview-dates-for-top-20.1040220/

Understandable. I've gotten accepted already so I am not worried. Just wondering what to look forward to or not look forward to.

Interviews go until April for some schools.

A late submission generally means the death of your application... why take someone who submitted late?