When do most interviews happen?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrTaco92

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So a recent change in one of my rotations has me rearranging my entire schedule for the rest of the year. Did anyone who has interviewed in recent years remember when the bulk of their interviews happened? Just trying to gauge when I should schedule some time off for interviews.

Members don't see this ad.

Late October, November, and early December. They continue until January but that’s the high yield period.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Mid to late october was when I got most of my invites. Invites to places on the west coast came later.

Reactions: 1 user
So do programs send out invites throughout the application season? The spreadsheet from last year seems to have most programs with a single date listed for their invites. Is that really the only day they send them out?

So do programs send out invites throughout the application season? The spreadsheet from last year seems to have most programs with a single date listed for their invites. Is that really the only day they send them out?

They send them out in waves.

The earliest invitations I received were in early October (University of Maryland and University of Michigan for mid-October interviews).

Reactions: 1 user