When do non-rolling schools make a decision?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

metview

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am talking about schools that let you know in March. I interviewed at one such school in October. Has the committee already made a decision on me and are just going to let me know in March or do they make all decisions at one time? The reason I am asking is because I want to send a letter of interest + update but I don't know if it will make a difference especially if they have already decided my fate since I interviewed all the way back in October.

Members don't see this ad.

I am talking about schools that let you know in March. I interviewed at one such school in October. Has the committee already made a decision on me and are just going to let me know in March or do they make all decisions at one time? The reason I am asking is because I want to send a letter of interest + update but I don't know if it will make a difference especially if they have already decided my fate since I interviewed all the way back in October.

Every school has its own timeline, but I remember the beginning/middle of March being a busy time for decisions at the non-rolling schools.

It depends on the school. Some make decisions as they go along (supposed this is what Harvard does), while others will make their decisions after everyone has interviewed.