When do programs do their rank lists?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pat

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think they are due before ours, right? The reason I am wondering is that I want to send a letter to my #1 program, but I still have an interview on Feb 1 and I want to go there first to make sure. But if I wait until the first week of Feb will it be too late for them to take my love letter into account?

Members don't see this ad.

I know of one, for sure, that has already had theirs. Wait til Feb 1 then send an EMAIL, follow with phone calls, prn...

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you tell me which program that is?

pat said:
I think they are due before ours, right? The reason I am wondering is that I want to send a letter to my #1 program, but I still have an interview on Feb 1 and I want to go there first to make sure. But if I wait until the first week of Feb will it be too late for them to take my love letter into account?

The deadline for submitting rank lists is the same for applicants and programs (http://www.nrmp.org/res_match/yearly.html). At Johns Hopkins, we completed interviews and assembled a tentative rank list yesterday and will finalize it on Thursday. Speaking only for my program, we don't alter rankings based on applicant emails, phone calls or visits. We certainly encourage all of the above, though, if you'd like more information on which to base your own rank list.

Scott Mittman
Program Director
Johns Hopkins