When do programs submit their rank lists?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Adale

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks in advance! As I mentioned, I am new to this website/forum and look forward to interacting with you all.

My question is in regard to my wanting to fit in an additional sub-I and having it "count." I finished my third year late.

So if rank lists are due say, mid-February, would it help to do a sub-I in February even though I would only get three weeks of face time?

Cheers

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
That's way too late. Many review committees make decisions at regular intervals or right after you're interviewed. Your file would likely get reviewed way before your sub-I.

ok, thanks.

I am in a tight bind b/c I just finished 3rd year recently. So I am just starting my first sub-i now and I have another in January. Problem is that it seems many interview offers will be in January and I want to try to not ask for days off of my sub-i for those.

So what I hoped was to take the last interview of my sub-i program and start my sub-i January 31st.

It will work out somehow! :)

Last edited:
If you have a ph.d, and haven't done anything else in your application to make you look horrible, then you probably don't have much to gain from doing away rotations anyway.