when do US schools usually give out interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smooth Operater

don't bug "operatEr"!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's say I am going to sumbit my application this summer (2006 cycle).

When should I expect to receive a interview letter?

And when do most interview take place?

I just want to make sure the periods are not in conflicted with my course schedule.

Hope someone can help me out. Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Smooth Operater said:

I just want to make sure the periods are not in conflicted with my course schedule.

Well it really depends on what type of applicant you are. The stronger you are the earlier your interviews will likely be. If your a strong applicant you can start to get interviews pretty fast depending on each schools interview schedule ( July and August). Any interview before December 1st will give you the best odds. For this past semester I made sure I didn't have any classes on Friday's. I recomend doing this if possible, it helped me miss a lot less class.

i submitted my app in late july and had everything in by then. it took 9 weeks for AADSAS to process, so schools got the info in mid/late sept. i started hearing in a week and the earliest interviews available were nov. i went to 3 interviews bt nov. 11-21, rescheduled one for jan., and heard from 3 schools the week of dec. 1st. i would recommend getting your app in early july bc AADSAS gets real backed up. i know people that submitted apps a week later than me, had AADSAS take 2-3 weeks longer to process, and didnt get interviews til jan! so timing is crucial! i agree with the first reply, just make sure you get some interviews before dec. 1st...this is def possible if you get your app in in july. but there isnt really much of a way to work a course schedule around it. even scheduling fridays off doesnt always help. some of the schools i interviewed at only offered interviews tues-thurs. the schools that offered mon/fri interviews were harder to get...like i tried to get a friday interview at one, but it was a month later than if i could schedule on a tuesday! your profs should understand, and everyone else can do it or has done it, so im sure youll be fine!

Smooth Operater said:

No matter when you submit your application, you will most likely be interviewing during the middle of your semesters. Your best bet is to apply early, that way when you do receive an interview invitation, you can choose to pick a later date. The later you submit your application, the harder it will be to reschedule due to the fact that most interview spots will be filled up.