Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

When do we GEt SEcondaries?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jux212, Jul 27, 2002.

1. jux212

jux212 Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

I was wondering when are we supposed to get secondaries?.. I submitted on 7/18 and UC Davis..emailed me confirming they got my app... so does that mean all the schools have my app? cuz i havent been verified yet. if so when do they start sending out secondaries? after i get verified? Also im an august mcater so do they usually send secondaries out to august mcaters after tehy recieve their mcat scores?? ANY INFO WOULD HELp=)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003] Platinum Member
    7+ Year Member

the school which do not screen applications will probably let you fill out secondaries before they get your MCAT scores.

4. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Yes, it will depend on the school. Many will just send you the secondary outright. Others will wait for your MCAT scores. If you search this forum for 'screening secondaries' or something similar you may be able to find out which schools are screening for secondaries. Or, just list the schools to whih you applied and perhaps folks will respond if they know whether or not the school is screening.

5. jux212

jux212 Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

I see so secondaries should still be coming even though Im not verified? WHat about the online ones should i jsut be looking for them and filling them out or should I wait for an email or something from the schools

6. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    It depends. It seems some schools don't mind if they receive a secondary before they request. Others are not as understanding. List the specific schools and perhaps people can tell you which ones are Ok to complete early.

7. jot

jot

from what i understand this year - almost all schools will take secondaries before requesting them foramlly - only UWash (not WashU) seems a bit touchy about this out of the schools i'm applying to.

8. Bikini Princess

7+ Year Member

Yay I got George Washington's today, my first paper app. I think they have one online too though.