When do we hear?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Idiopathic said:
From our programs?

I received an email both from my prelim program and anesthesia with names of those accepted and their home med schools yesterday afternoon. Told to expect " a lot of paperwork in mail soon".

I got an e-mail with a contract and some immunization and licensing paperwork. I think there will be more on the way.

Members don't see this ad :)
crazyjoedavola said:
I received an email both from my prelim program and anesthesia with names of those accepted and their home med schools yesterday afternoon. Told to expect " a lot of paperwork in mail soon".

Ditto crazyjoe's.

Anyhow, nice new avatar idio.

I was phoned by my prelim and emailed by the residency the evening after the ceremony. Nothing big or important, no scary papers yet.

got both emails and calls from prelim and anesthesia

Got phone call from pd several hours after the match, which i definitely thought was a nice gesture. Got email from prelim. Dont worry, you'll get something soon.

i havent gotten anything yet either.

i called my program though and talked to them.

crickets coming from my program

Members don't see this ad :)
Idiopathic said:
I called them finally. They are mailing things out...couldnt just send me an email :cool:
My programs sent me a bottle of wine and some balloons along with the email. Still no email on you end? ;)

Idiopathic said:
Bastard... :cool:

Wow, Vandy sent me an email telling me where to be, when I start, sent me an advance to cover moving expenses... and I didn't even apply. What's up woth them ignoring you Chris? :cool: :cool:

no joking... one of my classmates got flowers sent to her at our match day ceremony from her program (med/peds) :luck:

BubbleHead said:
Wow, Vandy sent me an email telling me where to be, when I start, sent me an advance to cover moving expenses... and I didn't even apply. What's up woth them ignoring you Chris? :cool: :cool:

I only wish you were coming to Vandy...anyone with the balls to rank one program. It would be great to work with that person.

I assumed programs would take a couple days/weeks to send stuff out. I haven't received any contracts as of yet, but been way too busy to even notice. One more week left on my med sub-i! I did hear from my prelim program in person tho, since that IS my home program. One of my medicine teaching attendings from 3rd year gave me a big hug after the match ceremony. Does that count? :p

MD/TX2006 said:
no joking... one of my classmates got flowers sent to her at our match day ceremony from her program (med/peds) :luck:

Wow, I'd say that's sweet, but that's kinda tacky. I'd feel uncomfortable if that happened to me. It's kinda like, they're trying to console her or something.

chicamedica said:
I assumed programs would take a couple days/weeks to send stuff out. I haven't received any contracts as of yet, but been way too busy to even notice. One more week left on my med sub-i! I did hear from my prelim program in person tho, since that IS my home program. One of my medicine teaching attendings from 3rd year gave me a big hug after the match ceremony. Does that count? :p

You are on a med sub-I in March of your 4th year? Ouch. Im working about 24 hours a week (Wednesdays off!) in an IM clinic. :thumbup:

ahh, this is a good thing to discuss. I left for Nepal a few days after the match and didnt come back until right before graduation. both my programs were a little pissed because i was so out in a remote area that i could not do any paperwork. my dad had to do my paperwork. so, fyi, just get a heads up on your paperwork before you guys leave the country.

Our program had a welcome party for us tonight at a restaurant/brewery. We also signed contracts then. :)

nothing from my anes. program and an email from my prelim program :rolleyes:

chicamedica said:
Wow, I'd say that's sweet, but that's kinda tacky. I'd feel uncomfortable if that happened to me. It's kinda like, they're trying to console her or something.

you have no clue what you're talking about... yet again! are you jealous or insecure or something? Stressed out from being on your sub-i? That's lame.

MD/TX2006 said:
you have no clue what you're talking about... yet again! are you jealous or insecure or something? Stressed out from being on your sub-i? That's lame.

Wow, maybe I was a bit stressed there. . .sorry if that came across meanly. :oops: I'd still feel embarrassed though if i was the only one to get flowers on Match day. Maybe I'm just an attention-phobe.