When do you get an interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

walkonwater

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to get a better idea of when people from last year interviewed based on submission, but I thought I'd throw the question out there for anyone else who has really dug into previous years' forums.

Based on when secondaries are finished, what is the projected time that can hope to get an interview for?

Ex.
Submitted secondaries: early/mid July
Interviews from mid Aug- early Sept

Members don't see this ad.

I think if you submit secondary early/mid July and gain an interview invite, you're probably looking October/November interviews.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm probably getting secondaries submitted for mid-August any thoughts on how when I should expect interviews for?*

*Assuming I get them for the earliest options.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was under the impression that if you apply in June-July you will get interviews in August-October. Even if you look at the discussion threads from last year for a few schools. A lot of people start getting their acceptances mid October.

Reactions: 1 users
I hope so! Primary verification has been moving slower this year, indicating higher volume than last year, so I assume that the whole admission process timeline will slightly shift towards later dates.

I hope so! Primary verification has been moving slower this year, indicating higher volume than last year, so I assume that the whole admission process timeline will slightly shift towards later dates.

lol it is just this is your application so you feel it is slower. Or we don't have enough people posting on the verification threads (there are still too few applicants who post to be honest). I feel it is much slower also!

Last year was pretty slow too, I submitted primaries earlyish June and it got verified mid-August. I actually called AACOMAS a few times to make sure there weren't any problems and they assured me that things were just moving slow. That being said...

Submitted secondaries mid-late August
Invited for 2 DO interviews: 1 invite received in Sep (really fast turn around) for a Nov. 11 interview, 1 invite received early October for an early January interview. I start at the first of the two in 2 weeks :)

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted my app ASAP last year. I interviewed mid July - mid September.

when did you get acceptances thrown out?
Depended on the school. Anywhere from a couple of days to a week to a few months due to waitlist. I had two by the end of August. One told me in a couple weeks after the interview, the other a couple days. I didn't submit secondaries beyond three schools.

At my school there's about a six week turnaround time.

I've been trying to get a better idea of when people from last year interviewed based on submission, but I thought I'd throw the question out there for anyone else who has really dug into previous years' forums.

Based on when secondaries are finished, what is the projected time that can hope to get an interview for?

Ex.
Submitted secondaries: early/mid July
Interviews from mid Aug- early Sept

It feels like the timeline has shifted forward this year for many schools. I believe that we'll be hearing from more interview invites in the next 2 weeks though.

I was complete in August last year and I got most of my inteview invites in September thru November. I also got an interview invite in April.

Complete last year by mid July. Interviewed at 6 schools mid September to mid October. It was a crazy time but it was so nice to be done early!