When do you get MCAT results?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sanctuary

Templar
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you take the April MCAT, will results be available by June 1st? If not, should you still fill out the AMCAS and submit it before your MCAT results arrive?

Members don't see this ad.

submit it as soon as u can. the MCAT results will go from the AAMC to the AMCAS automatically. don't worry about that. but getting it submitted early is crucial... and posting in the right forum is crucial too.

MCAT results come out about 60 days after the test.

Members don't see this ad :)
My scores were out June 10th, after I had already submitted my AMCAS.

VPDcurt said:
MCAT results come out about 60 days after the test.

I was able to get mine on June 15th. I submitted my stuff just after I got the scores because I wanted to make sure my scores were acceptable and that I wouldn't need to check the box that says something along the lines of "I'll be taking the August MCAT". I don't think waiting until mid-June to submit will put you at a significant disadvantage, it's those people that wait until the day before the deadline that have problems.

yeah i prepared the AMCAS ready for submission, but waited till the MCAT results were out before submitting it. I wanted to make sure that the schools i was choosing matched the score i got and to give me a chance to add or remove schools. that said, i think you can add schools after submitting your AMCAS, but i don't think you can remove any.

cheers,
riverie.