When do you hear from MCP-boston?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MK185

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who had ur interview in Feb...have u heard from MPC yet?

Members don't see this ad.

MK185 said:

They tell you at the interview it takes about a month to hear back, but I heard back in about 3 weeks. My interview date was 2/10 and I got my acceptance letter at the beginning of this month.

I had my interview 2/24 and just got acceptance letter yesterday.

Members don't see this ad :)
i think u should call or email the admission office, they should response it back quickly. good luck

rxprincess said:
They tell you at the interview it takes about a month to hear back, but I heard back in about 3 weeks. My interview date was 2/10 and I got my acceptance letter at the beginning of this month.

Hi RXprincess,

Did you get in the 3rd year? I heard it was hard to get in Boston because they only take very few students everyyear to the professional year since is a 6 year program. Do you know how many students they take each year?Average GPA?Would you recommence applying to worcester or boston?
Thanks

I interviewed on March 3rd and I have not yet heard back. I was also wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing your stats. I am curious as to how I stand compared with other applicants. I have a 3.3 cumulative GPA and will be receiving my B.S. in Molecular and Cell Bio in August 06'.

well, well...

As a student there myself, I have to say that I share the same thought just like anyone who is already in in this 6-year program school, and that is, it's not all that.

From what I hear, this school, however small, has a thing that it does -
massive aquistion of students (and money from them) - your GPA is okay, OKAY YOU ARE ACCEPTED!
then...
eventual capping (cut-off to half the student body) as the year progress.

Your class size - over 280 students.
Your graduating class - half of that.

Rumor: 500 students were accepted and planned to enter to this school, as incoming pre-pharmacy students.
By their 3rd year, HALF OF THEM WILL BE GONE.
Dont forget they also MASSIVELY acquire transfer students. then CAP!

MK185 said:

xml2 said:
well, well...

As a student there myself, I have to say that I share the same thought just like anyone who is already in in this 6-year program school, and that is, it's not all that.

From what I hear, this school, however small, has a thing that it does -
massive aquistion of students (and money from them) - your GPA is okay, OKAY YOU ARE ACCEPTED!
then...
eventual capping (cut-off to half the student body) as the year progress.

Your class size - over 280 students.
Your graduating class - half of that.

Rumor: 500 students were accepted and planned to enter to this school, as incoming pre-pharmacy students.
By their 3rd year, HALF OF THEM WILL BE GONE.
Dont forget they also MASSIVELY acquire transfer students. then CAP!

500 sounds a little too good to be true. I guess the classes got to be Huge then and then I dont get why half of those people would be gone? I thought it is harder to get in as a transfer student.