Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

When do you usually start studying for FINALS?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Chris127, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Chris127

Chris127 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Yeah, so my first final is on Wednesday at 10am. I am the best procrastinator in the world, and here it is, Monday afternoon, and I have yet to study for any of my exams. I just tell myself there is always more time to study. Like right now, I am telling myself the tomorrow morning I will be in the library at 7am, and spend a solid 5 hours or so for that Wed exam, which is my only one that day. Its at 10am, so then I tell myself I will then study more before the exam on Wed, starting a 6, giving me 4 hours. I actually think that will be enough to get me a decent grade, however, I just feel bad by studying this late. I also plan to review for chem a little over next few days, BUT, I will most likely study after my two exams on Thursday, ALL NIGHT for it.

I am a freshman and these are my first finals. I know I may be approaching this incorrectly, but is this kind of study timing normal among all you other students, or are you guys studying weeks in advance for your finals?

2. peace84

peace84 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I usually have 5 finals in 5 days, so I end up studying only the day before the final. But I spend the entire day and night studying, and if you've kept up to date throughout the semester, you should be fine.

3. jon stewart

jon stewart Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

well im a sophmore this year, and my study skills have been the worst so far....last year i started studying about a week in advance, not hardcore but just looking over notes doing problems here and there.....but this term i screwed myself and started the weekend before finals week. Not a good idea, especially when you have two finals on monday......Beacause of that my grades this term are going to be reallly bad..... :mad:

4. Risa

Risa like Lisa with an R
    5+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    i study just like that. i used to try to fight it and get in better habits, but over the years i've gradually come to terms with it. if it works for you, it works for you. my best advice is to not waste time feeling bad about it if you're not gonna act on the feelings of guilt anyway :D