When does 2005 cycle end and when do final rejection letters arrive?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tooth Fixer

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When does 2005 cycle end and when do final rejection letters arrive?

Members don't see this ad.

At interviews, I was told by some admissions officers that you can be accepted up to a week before class begins! That would mean that cycles overlap for a few months as some schools.

yeah, i've always been under the impression that you can be kept on the waitlist all the way up until the first day of class.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can even be admitted AFTER school starts at many schools (perhaps some peeps drop out after orientation, etc.).

I know my school starts in July and I've heard that Ohio State starts in September, so the overalp can be huge depending on where you applied.

But one thing is for sure: the 2005 application cycle begins well before the 2004 application cycle ends!

Hmmmmmm. Ok maybe I should rephrase the question. When is the last day of whether they will say your waitlisted or rejected? Or do schools even hold off rejection even without putting you on the waitlist or alternative?

If the school would consider you for admission, they may wait until the last possible minute before letting you know you've been rejected. As Gavin said, this could mean a week or two after matriculation has started for a particular school. So, to answer your question, find out when the school you're interested in starts, and add 14 days. :thumbup:

Wow that must be not only annoying but time wasting for those that haven't been accepted anywhere. Freaking adcoms!!!

I assume this waiting business is only for those who actually got an interview... so what if I havent gotten an interview by say april.. do I assume that I wont get accepted anywhere? I am still waiting to hear from BU, NYU, Howard, UDMercy, and Creighton...its so hard.

kaleeldentist said:
I assume this waiting business is only for those who actually got an interview... so what if I havent gotten an interview by say april.. do I assume that I wont get accepted anywhere? I am still waiting to hear from BU, NYU, Howard, UDMercy, and Creighton...its so hard.

I was informed that Creighton's class is full. But don't take my word for it.

ajy1013 said:
I was informed that Creighton's class is full. But don't take my word for it.

They are full, they mentioned that in the letter I received to inform me that I was wait listed (with 300000000 other applicants in no particular order :thumbdown: )