when does first round of secondaries come out

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

icecoldstar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Generally when do they come out, assuming my amcas get verified by end of june.

Also, anyone know how long does it take for AMCAS to receive the transcript? I sent it out like 2 weeks ago and it still says NOT RECEIVED.

Members don't see this ad.

Also, anyone know how long does it take for AMCAS to receive the transcript? I sent it out like 2 weeks ago and it still says NOT RECEIVED.

The first batch of verified apps amcas sends to schools is in late June so a few days ( next day maybe?) after.

My first secondary arrived July 2, I was verified on June 6.

Members don't see this ad :)

Give it until Wednesday, then call your school to see if they sent it. They are usually inundated with transcript requests at this time of year. They may have a backlog.

If they sent it, and it still has not appeared in AMCAS, call them. You may need to have your school resend it. It may have been lost in transit, or AMCAS may have mis-placed it. With all the thousands of pieces of paper that they are receiving right now, I wouldn't be surprised if they missed a few every now and then.

Good luck!

dsoz

I have a similar question to this. My school uses the committee letter format and doesn't send out any letters until august 1st. Does that mean I won't be able to get any secondaries until they send out my committee letter?

Secondaries are transmitted after your AMCAS is verified. LOR have no bearing on when you receive secondaries. Your application will not be review by schools until you're complete. You will need a completed secondary, secondary fee and LORs to be considered complete.

I have a similar question to this. My school uses the committee letter format and doesn't send out any letters until august 1st. Does that mean I won't be able to get any secondaries until they send out my committee letter?

Means you will be complete September-ish. Interviews hopefully october timeframe. Any way you can put a boot in their behind? Sounds like some institutions just like to screw over their allumni.

I sent my transcript request on May 8th when AMCAS first opened, and they didn't mark it as received until the 24th. Right now, according to the sign in page, they're just now marking transcripts they received on the 28th as such. If you're super nervous about it call the school to verify that it got sent. If it has, you'll just have to wait for AMCAS to verify that it's been received. They'll send you an email letting you know it's been received. Again, call the school just to double check if you want and try to be patient. It's annoying, I know, but there's a ton of waiting involved in this process.

I'm having issues with letters at the moment. My school has them all hostage at the moment. Can I submit amcas without ANY letters in at the moment?

I'm having issues with letters at the moment. My school has them all hostage at the moment. Can I submit amcas without ANY letters in at the moment?

Yes, your submission has no bearing on your letters actually being in.

When your letters are in, your amcas will automatically be updated.

You can even add letter entries after you submit your amcas. However, you can not edit/delete any letter entries once you have submitted though.