When does it hit you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HorseyVet

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious...When does it hit you that you are or will shortly be a doctor?

Members don't see this ad.

HorseyVet said:
:barf: When you realize you are one of the people who will be next to take National Boards :eek:

chris03333 said:
:barf: When you realize you are one of the people who will be next to take National Boards :eek:

eeeew graphic smiley!

Members don't see this ad :)
never! i'm going to be a vet

dvm'08 said:
never! i'm going to be a vet
:rolleyes: Awe come on dvm'08. DVM (at least the one I will get next year) stands for Doctor of Veterinary Medicine...........

chris03333 said:
:rolleyes: Awe come on dvm'08. DVM (at least the one I will get next year) stands for Doctor of Veterinary Medicine...........

They're only letters... if i had wanted to be a doctor, i would have go to medical school. I'm not diminishing our education, i just dont see us as doctors - we're vets. I think there's an important distinction between the two.

HorseyVet said:

At some point in your final year you will feel real "ants in the pants"...you don't want to just WATCH anymore, or just do part of the whole exam/client communication/diagnostics - you want to do it all yourself, mistakes and all. Also, it helps when you PASS THE NAVLE - you know you're gonna be a vet! (No "doctor" in my degree, BVMS). But I can't wait to put "Dr" on some forms!