When does PTCAS Send ED App?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

powemb3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me out! Do we know when PTCAS will send our applications if we do the Early Decision option? Do they wait and send them all on August 15th?

I am also taking a summer class that I need to be included in my Early Decision application. Right now I only have 4 of the main sciences and this school requires that you apply with at least 5 completed.

The summer course will be finished by July 26th and should be able to be sent out to PTCAS by July 29th.

My question is, if I E-submit now, is there a chance that PTCAS will send my application before receiving the updated grades for the summer course?

Or, since I am doing Early Decision, is it OK to just wait until I have my summer class completed and then E-Submit around July 26th or so?

Thx!

Members don't see this ad.

I was checking on my GREs yesterday and one of the schools told me that they just received an email telling them they can't log into PTCAS until July 18th. THe directions tell us not to wait for transcripts to esubmitt. Depends on when you request your trannys-did you request pending completion of the sum session?I believe the schools get weekly up dates. There are a lot of directions, just read through them carefully. I am reading them over and over.

Wait till July 26th because you want to list on your PTCAS coursework portion what grade you received on that course, and that it is finished. Side note, make sure your classes under "COURSEWORK" are correctly listed as either "in progress" or "completed."

Once you e-submit your app, I would suggest RUSHing your transcripts to PTCAS and be sure that the request form attachment is submitted as well.

I believe as of right now, once you submit your application for ED, the schools are able to view your application. Do not submit anything until you know for sure your application is complete.