When does UCLA start???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Khala Jaan

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
okay so i had heard ucla starts in october...but ummm oct is ending...anybody hear anythign?

Members don't see this ad.

It seems like you have been invited for interview from every single top school in the nation. I wouldn't be worry if I were you. You'll get an interview with them as well. Good job on your stats.:thumbup:

ermm thanks, but iv only been invited to usc, loma linda and nyu...im still waiting on a million!

good luck :D

Members don't see this ad :)
word on the street is that they're finally looking at apps this week...so rest assured, the invites should be coming sooner rather than later.

Does anyone know WHY they take so long?

because they are great.

<3 ucla.

word on the street is that they're finally looking at apps this week...so rest assured, the invites should be coming sooner rather than later.

This might not be a bad thing for me because I have to rush my high school transcript there. I can't believe they use high school transcripts. hehe. That's probably a good thing though since I did significantly better in high school than in college.

I'm totally guessing here, but they probably want to see your HS transcript to get an idea if you were somehow disadvantaged during that time. Just a guess, but based upon the numerous questions about being disadvantaged in the secondary app.

I'm totally guessing here, but they probably want to see your HS transcript to get an idea if you were somehow disadvantaged during that time. Just a guess, but based upon the numerous questions about being disadvantaged in the secondary app.

Maybe... but being disadvantaged does not necessarily mean that you will do badly in high school. There are other factors that play in. I mean, if they wanted to know if we went to a disadvantaged high school, they could do that just by looking at AADSAS (since we list our high school there) and something with high school ranking. Then again, maybe they want to correlate our high school grade with the school we chose to attend as an undergrad. It is a mystery.

I know you said that you were guessing and I hope you don't take this as an attack.

I don't think UCLA's interviewing this year, and there won't be a class for next year. At least, that's what I make of their silence. Other schools have already interviewed their top candidates and are moving towards their backups. UCLA has....disappeared off the face of the planet.

it looks like you spoke just a couple hours too soon, bc apparently they started sending out interviews today. haha

Same here. see you there!
wow congrats!

how did they contact you? and also..GOGOBRUIN are u a cali resident? if u don't mind me asking..and when u submitted ur secondary?? ucla is my number one!

wow congrats!

how did they contact you? and also..GOGOBRUIN are u a cali resident? if u don't mind me asking..and when u submitted ur secondary?? ucla is my number one!

Contacted by email, my secondary was submitted in august i believe

Contacted by email, my secondary was submitted in august i believe
I heard the submission of the seconday app is not important for UCLA as long as you have it availabe for them when they start reviewing in October. The AADSAS submission date [or the date they receive your AADSAS app] is what puts you in the line, as long as other documents [DAT score, LOR, seconday app] are received.