mathnerd88

5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2013
Status
Medical Student
You have pretty high stats. You'll be fine for this cycle. Some schools just started giving out interviews.

IslandStyle808

Akuma residency or bust!
7+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2012
You're fine.

Last edited:

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
Yes, and Goro has also said that patience is a virtue; the need for immediate gratification is not.

Wait your turn, OP, along with the 5000+ other applicants that DO schools get.

I think goro has said before the end of october to be complete is normal.

Dec 1, 2014
When the MD rejects come flooding AACOMAS with their apps with super high GPAs and MCATs and have pending DO lors as backups... sometime around Early Novemeber. That is when it is too late (for the majority of folks I'd say. Probably wrong but darn those MD rejects!)

Reactions: AnatomyGrey12
Oct 27, 2013
Status
Resident [Any Field]
When the MD rejects come flooding AACOMAS with their apps with super high GPAs and MCATs and have pending DO lors as backups... sometime around Early Novemeber. That is when it is too late (for the majority of folks I'd say. Probably wrong but darn those MD rejects!)
I would agree with this, November is when the MD rejects start flooding in with applications.

AnatomyGrey12

2+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2015
Midwest
Status
Medical Student
I totally have a friend who fits this bill. He has pretty high stats and told me that he is holding onto his AACOMAS app until about November "just in case." He also has a DO he has been shadowing, "just in case I need a letter.".......................

Gandyy

5+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2014
Status
Medical Student
Pretty Accurate.

Btw alonzo, I got secondaries from every DO school I applied to and they were all pretty much exactly the same as last year.

How is that "list"? ;)