when is interview season?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Su4n2

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i need to do a required medicine sub-i this winter and i can do it either 1/15-2/11 or 11/20-12/17. i would like to do it at a time that i wouldn't miss a ton of days for interviews. any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

I think it somewhat depends on what specialty you're pursuing and when you submit your apps. But if it were me, I would do the sub-I in January, which is more typically toward the end of interview season, whereas Nov-Dec is in the thick of it.

I would have to agree w/ the Jan. date. If nothing else, by the time the sub-I rolls around, you have a better idea where you stand, you'll know how many interviews you'll really want to do and the ones you can afford to cancel. Here's something you can do- schedule many of the interviews that you're iffy about ( your "safety" interviews) around the time of your sub i, and the ones that your really gunning for in late dec/ early Jan after you've had a few under your belt.

This of course depends on where you stand for your particular spec. of choice, you could be at the top or bottom of the proverbial food chain and may want to temper my advice depending on your chances of matching.