When is late to submit DO primary this cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Timeless:)

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did some research and it seems like before Thanksgiving is considered early/on time for DO as it runs later than MD. Does this still apply this year or is it different?
I submitted about 12 already, but thinking about adding 3 more schools.
Thanks.
@Goro

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, it would be the same. There are some prior posts asking about the timeline for this cycle. Based on your WAMC, I don’t think you have to go beyond the 12 you already did.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did some research and it seems like before Thanksgiving is considered early/on time for DO as it runs later than MD. Does this still apply this year or is it different?
I submitted about 12 already, but thinking about adding 3 more schools.
Thanks.
@Goro
I'm seeing no evidence that the timeline has changed

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know if January MCAT takers have any shot at applying this cycle?

Nearly every deadline on DO schools' pages indicate that it would be fine (Feb-March deadline) but does anyone have experience / know of anyone who had success that late in the cycle?

Nearly every deadline on DO schools' pages indicate that it would be fine (Feb-March deadline) but does anyone have experience / know of anyone who had success that late in the cycle?
I would not recommend this, wait till the next cycle.

I'm sure there are a few, but I would be thoughtful about it. If you have any inkling of wanting to go MD or to be eligible for an SMP that requires an MCAT score, do your homework. Posting a bad MCAT anytime could put you back.

care to elaborate?
thanks)
It’s too late at that point. You should save your money and avoid having to do reapplication essays since most schools will have filled the majority of their spots by then and will pull from the existing waitlist.

And most applicants underestimate how long it takes to fill out either AMCAS or AACOMAS while juggling the MCAT. You should try to submit the best application you can and that takes more time.