When is SDNPath going to meet up?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deschutes

Thing
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about this today - how I've met some of you and how it'd be awesome to meet the rest.

It would make the most sense if we were to tack it on to some major conference that most people would be interested in attending (I was hoping for USCAP, if not 2006 then hopefully 2007! That should give us enough time to crank out those abstracts).

It'd be fun to put a face to the (nick)names - regulars as well as non-regulars - and see if our personalities were anything like the online personas!

Members don't see this ad.

uscap 2006 isn't gonna be happening for me. uscap 2007 is a possibility. there are other smaller pathology conferences but i would put my money on uscap being the big meeting where most of us would try to attend.

Members don't see this ad :)
deschutes said:
Andy is so terribly terribly serious these days :rolleyes:

For this he shall be punished.

deschutes said:
Andy is so terribly terribly serious these days :rolleyes:
my desire to be a competent and compassionate pathologist is not to be trifled with!

Was the Lemon Party pic from last year's SDNPath meetup by any chance?

deschutes said:
Aaaaah! A lurker! Where did he come from? What will he do?

At the next ASCAP I will be depanting forum members who have drawn my ire.

Members don't see this ad :)
deschutes said:
You assume - incorrectly, I might add - that competency and compassion preclude a sense of humour.
don't question the desire!

deschutes said:
Don't you have it backwards? Isn't it the "puttin" that needs the G?
fedor, i have no idea what this fruitcake is getting at.

deschutes said:
Oh, I never questioned your desire in the least :) I simply wondered when you started putting sticks up your own behind.
i don't know what you're talking about.

deschutes said:
Only the "fruitcake" is going to save your sorry ass from a depanting, should I so choose!
wow, it's been a while since a thread has been recklessly derailed.

oh wait, it's your thread. who the hell cares right?

AndyMilonakis said:
wow, it's been a while since a thread has been recklessly derailed.

oh wait, it's your thread. who the hell cares right?
Some attention is better than no attention. At least it keeps it on the front page... *shrugs*

Yes it's been awhile. We were in different timezones for that while.

AndyMilonakis said:
What the hell is ASCAP? Way to go assclown.

If a simple 1 letter typo impedes your ability to infer I meant USCAP, I shudder to think of the nonsense that must be going on in your residency.

deschutes said:
Some attention is better than no attention. At least it keeps it on the front page... *shrugs*

Yes it's been awhile. We were in different timezones for that while.
and we still are!

deschutes said:
Only the "fruitcake" is going to save your sorry ass from a depanting, should I so choose!

deschutes, I understand you're the "Type-A" on this forum, but there is no escape from the imminent depanting. If done right, no can defend.

fedor said:
If a simple 1 letter typo impedes your ability to infer I meant USCAP, I shudder to think of the nonsense that must be going on in your residency.
Actually Buckfutter, you're right. We cross all our t's and dot all our i's.

fedor said:
deschutes, I understand you're the "Type-A" on this forum, but there is no escape from the imminent depanting. If done right, no can defend.
I said "should I so choose." Thing is, I don't choose. ;) Andy has been depanted before, partly by my doing.

deschutes said:
I said "should I so choose." Thing is, I don't choose. ;) Andy has been depanted before, partly by my doing.
I believe the type of "depanting" you're talking about was exemplified in the Lemon Party link. Let me be the first to state that I want nothing to do with that sort of depanting. My form of depanting is the good, old fashioned, all American depanting which had it's heyday in the Midwest during the '50's.

By the way, my apartment is infested with flies and they're biting me mercilessly. Does anyone have any recommendations?

deschutes said:
I was not aware of this at all actually. When was this?

fedor, your assessment of the d is quite correct. type-A all the way. don't piss her off...she easily transforms into cranky, super-mega-mega-beeyotch.

AndyMilonakis said:
I was not aware of this at all actually. When was this?

fedor, your assessment of the d is quite correct. type-A all the way. don't piss her off...she easily transforms into cranky, super-mega-mega-beeyotch.

Are you aware of her board scores by chance? In my eyes, this is how the men are seperated from the boys. Keep gunnin' deschutes.

fedor said:
Are you aware of her board scores by chance? In my eyes, this is how the men are seperated from the boys. Keep gunnin' deschutes.
no, i don't know her scores.

You're in the hospital at 3:37 am and you're a pathology resident. What the hell is wrong with you? Go home!

fedor said:
My board scores are hidden somewhere in the depths of the SDNPath archives. I assure you, they have never been spectacular!

AndyMilonakis said:
You're in the hospital at 3:37 am and you're a pathology resident. What the hell is wrong with you? Go home!

3:37am and in the hospital? Sounds more like a pathology patient than a pathology resident.

AndyMilonakis said:
2:37am, actually.

I'm a pathology resident, which is how I can afford to screw up my sleep cycle every weekend by enjoying myself during the daylight hours and then working at night ;)

deschutes said:
My board scores are hidden somewhere in the depths of the SDNPath archives. I assure you, they have never been spectacular!

This is what all the gunners say. One gunner in HS used to have a panic attack before the daily quiz saying he hadn't studied at all for it even though she studied like her life depended on it. I have reason to believe that gunner is you, deschutes.

I am reposting this since it was consigned to the last spot on the bottom of the page.

deschutes said:
2:37am, actually.

I'm a pathology resident, which is how I can afford to screw up my sleep cycle every weekend by enjoying myself during the daylight hours and then working at night ;)

fedor said:
This is what all the gunners say. One gunner in HS used to have a panic attack before the daily quiz saying he hadn't studied at all for it even though she studied like her life depended on it. I have reason to believe that gunner is you, deschutes.
I much appreciate your high regard! I would never dare burst the bubble by actually posting my scores now :cool:

deschutes said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I knew it was only a matter of time.

Welcome Nana!
I confiscated my friend nathan's computer for awhile. He's dropping off my drunk roomate at home. She fell down the stairs today, off the couch several times, and onto the couch while trying to get up. Then I took her to Shari's and bought her dinner.

bananaface said:
She fell down the stairs today, off the couch several times, and onto the couch while trying to get up. Then I took her to Shari's and bought her dinner.

The same thing happened to me today. Where were you when I needed you?

bananaface said:
I confiscated my friend nathan's computer for awhile. He's dropping off my drunk roomate at home. She fell down the stairs today, off the couch several times, and onto the couch while trying to get up. Then I took her to Shari's and bought her dinner.
That's not making sense. If she is your roommate, isn't her home, your home?