When is Step 3 due for a USMD intern going for H-1B?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

otherstuff12321

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m an intern currently on F1 OPT and my program said that around January, they will start applying for my H-1B. I asked if I will have to do Step 3 by then but they said since I graduated from a US med school, I can simply take it any time during intern year.

I was hoping to confirm if this is true? Just wondering so it doesn’t affect my chances of H-1B.

Thank you!
 

S3 not needed for US grads applying for H1b. Although ultimately it is up to USCIS, and some programs may decide to "play it safe" and ask those applying for H1b to get it done early.